Chapter 184

I point my blade at the approaching Stone Knight as it makes the floor ripple like liquid beneath its feet. The monster doesn't make a sound as it draws near.

I finish regenerating my armor and wounded chest, checking my item storage for HP potions, but not reaching for one just yet. I've only lost 1/4 of my health, I can handle a few more of those hits thanks to this chest plate.

The Stone Knight speaks up.

"You surprise me again. A regeneration skill that lets allows you to repair your flesh and bonded armor. It's been ages since a human could do such a thing. You are an odd one... No matter, you'll die here and now."

With its word of warning the Stone Knight speeds up its charge. The slow march toward me turns into a full sprint in the blink of an eye at an unbelievable pace.

I Dungeon Walk away, narrowly avoiding its dual-bladed stone arms.

I've charged up my sword, but the Knight has already turned to my new location without a moment's hesitation. The floor beneath my feet ripples as I take each step, making it harder and harder to keep my balance.

The Floor Boss must be using the mana-manipulated floor as a radar system.

I blip away again as it approaches.

The moment I materialize back into existence, it's on my trail without a second of warning just like before. The stone tile beneath my feet feels like it's breathing down my neck...

The low hum of mana fills the room. It gets increasingly louder every moment I wait to launch my strike.

I watch the ground mold to the approaching monster's feet, propelling it forward. There are waves of liquid stone moving the monster at me with great speed. It's similar to my air-stepping technique, but the Boss is using pure dungeon mass to do so.

I teleport away, with a fully charged changed sword, locking onto its blind spot again.

If I can just land one more hit, I'll gain the upper hand. I'm sure the first attack I threw damaged it in some way. There's no faking a roar like the one that came out earlier. That was the battle cry of a wild beast. One that was trying to get out.

Although I'm curious to see what lies deep within this mysterious Knight, I have a feeling it'd be much better to end this battle here and now.

Holding onto 1500MP ready to release, I teleport 5 meters beside the Stone Knight and begin to swing my sword.

Its head shifts to meet my gaze halfway through my strike, then I Dungeon Walk to its left back side, less than a matter away.

With my eye on the prize, I let the mana-imbued fire magic deep within my sword fly.

The second it leaves my blade, it's destined to hit. Even with the monster's incredible speed, it can't dodge and attack this quickly at such close-up range. The only thing it can do is brace for impact, or attempt a block.

I smirk, air-stepping backward. I remember what happened the last time this strike hit, and I don't want to be anywhere nearby when it explodes again.

The Knight turns, sensing my presence almost immediately. It whips its left arm in the way of my strike, attempting to block the attack from reaching its blind spot.

A bright flash of light blinds my vision of the master as I continue to air-step upwards. After the blinding light, a dark explosion of flames follows, and the devastating roar from that beast within rattles my eardrums again.

The entire room shakes.

Through the ball of fire, I witness a thin pillar of rock jut out from the center. Riding the top of it is a red glowing Knight in a suit of stone armor. Its left arm shattered to pieces. Only a faint red glow and a black shadowy outline underneath remain in the place where its bladed arm was before.