Chapter 26

I didn't sleep well last night. My mind was too caught up in all the mayhem that happened yesterday. Plus, I didn't get to go all out in the dungeons even once. I always get fidgety and have a hard time sleeping when I don't get a good workout in these days.

"Yaaaawwwwn"

I stretched and got out of bed. My floor was still covered in silver coins, I decided to clean up and count them.

102 silver coins and 24 bronze... not bad at all.

I grabbed 6 silver and 3 bronze while getting dressed for the day. I threw my sword on my back and walked out the door.

The morning sun was just coming up as I made my way towards the village market.

"How ya goin old man?"

"Hey kid, what can get for you today?"

I placed 6 silver on the counter.

"The usual, I need need 3 MP and 3 HP potions."

He rummaged through the drawers and handed me 6 small bottles. I nodded and waved goodbye.

"See ya kid, careful out there today!"

"See ya old man."

I made my way over to the station and took the first train to the Association office building.

Abby was waiting outside for me, I didn't even have to talk to that lady in the lobby. Great!

"Ready Jay?"

She was a bit more serious this morning. Still smiling, but definitely in a serious mood. I should get in a battle mood too... this will be my first day in a D Class Dungeon.

"Yep. All set. Where to?"

She nodded.

"Great, follow me! Today we're taking on the Grayson Bat Dungeon. It's a good D Class for you, I assume the regular monsters here will be much different than anything you've ever fought before."

I looked at Abby with curious excitement.

"Can't wait. I've been itching for a challenge."

The mood for this morning was set the second I saw Abby. Serious dungeon mode... even though she wanted to have "fun" today, I guess D Class dungeons are no joke. I decided to play my role and not make light of the situation.

We walked for about 10 minutes into another part of town I hadn't ventured to yet. Abby turned to me.

"It's right over here. Under this bridge."

She pointed to a dark metal colored bridge that stretched over a small river with slow moving water. On the edge of the river there was a medium sized brick building with two guards out front. There was a huge sign on the side of the bridge that read out "Grayson Bridge". I guess that's where they got the dungeon name from.

We approached the two guards and I saw Abby reaching for her ID. I went to grab mine as well. We handed them to the guards at the same time. They looked our ID's over for a few seconds and wrote something down before nodding to let us pass.

We entered the brick structure through the security checkpoint. It was an empty room with reinforced walls. At the back there was a large blue floating portal. It's time to enter the dungeon.

"Alright. Let's do it."

I drew my sword and kept walking forward. Abby nodded and stayed right next to me. We jumped through the portal together.

On the other side I couldn't help but stand there in awe of this new world. It was... a giant cave.

There was a ceiling about 100m high with giant stalactites. The dungeon itself stretched further than my eyes could see in the dim light. It felt like it was dusk, but there was no sun or any light source at all. My visibility was not great. Abby spoke up.