Chapter 131

I stare at my piles of loot on the floor and let out a long disappointed sigh. The white walls around me hum with a low and eerie tone. It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I turn my head back and forth to take in the reality of the white walls around me with a clearer mind. With a loud clang, I drop my dagger and sword to begin walking slowly toward the back of the narrow rectangular room.

It's silent in here. I can hear my footsteps echo throughout the chamber. The small creeks and crunches of my old boots crawl in my ears as I walk. My heavy breaths and consistent heartbeats pound making me feel queasy.

I make it to the end of the hall, activating my All-Seeing Eye, then turn and begin walking to the other side.

"There has to be a way out of here. I need to find some kind of weak point..."

My pacing begins. Back and forth, extending the range of my exceptional perception to its limits. Mana is coursing through my body. It's being burned through almost as quickly as I plunder it. I try with all my might, but the range of my inner vision won't leave this confined space.

I can tell there's something out there and have witnessed it for myself firsthand. For some odd reason, I can't peer into the void.

Over 2 hours go by. Well... I think it's been 2 hours or so. It's impossible to accurately tell how long I've actually been walking. Using up so much mana on a perception-based skill is very mentally draining. I collapse to my knees beside my 3 piles of loot after confirming there are in fact no weak points to this white-walled prison.

It's been a long day.... Honestly, it's been a long couple of days. Ever since I came to the capital for the exams it's been non-stop hunting and getting into trouble. It's all of my own doing though. No one has forced me into anything... I'm just a battle junky that can't seem to get his fix....

My eyes begin to shut as I lie down on the hard marble-like floor and begin to let all my worries drift away.

I deserve a break... right...?

My mind and body are both on the verge of collapse and the hum of mana around me has become pretty normal for the time being. Over 2 hours in this odd environment makes the hum of energy in the air almost soothing.

My breaths begin to slow, and the humming sensation begins to lull me to sleep. I fall away from reality into a blissful dreamland for... Well, I'm not exactly sure how long.

The mana continues to buzz, and the white-walled room around me continues to miraculously exist within the black abyss that is the Titan's Domain.

A smile creeps across my face as I calmly snooze away my worries. My brain and body are thankful for the long-awaited rest.

In other words, I sleep like a rock.

Many, many hours later, my eyes begin to open and the bright white light of the walls on all sides blind me as I wake up. I let out a groan while stretching my arms, legs, and back. Lifting a hand above my face, I cover my eyes to adjust to the brightness while standing to my feet.

Another groan leaves my mouth as I reach over to my item stash and start to chug a bottle of water. Aside from this one, there are only 13 full bottles remaining.

I stop halfway through and let out a refreshing gasp for air, then take another look around.

"I'm still in this damn white-walled prison."

The second these words leave my mouth, my heart skips a beat. I gulp and run over to my sword and dagger lying on the floor, grabbing them both and cursing under my breath.