Chapter 39

The train left the platform and we were off.

"Hey uhh. What's your name? I'm Jay by the way."

The light skinned girl looked at me and smiled.

"Nice to meet ya Jay. I thought you'd never ask. My name is Talia, this is Cori."

She pointed to the man. He nodded at me with a small grin.

I nodded back.

"Well, nice to meet both of you. Do you live in the city?"

Talia rolled her eyes.

"For the moment, yeah. We've been traveling through a few regions these last few months. The goal is to see the whole country and making good money while we're at it."

Cori looked at the ground. He was an odd guy.

"Ahh okay. So you two have been to many other places... If you don't mind sharing some knowledge with me, what are the guilds like in the big cities?"

Talia's eyes perked up.

"So you want to join a guild? You're a D Class Hunter. Pretty much any small guild will pick you up and give you a decent contract, there's hundreds of them in the city."

"Yeah, I assumed so. What about the bigger guilds? Do you know anything about them?"

"Well, there's a couple pretty big guilds in Vice city. The 3 main ones are invite only, you probably wouldn't ever even be able to walk through their doors without being at least a C Class hunter with some kind of crazy skill."

I looked at her with curiosity now. It's not just small talk anymore, this is interesting.

"What are their names?"

"Uhhh let me think. There's the Viridian Guild, that's the biggest one in Vice City right now. The Luna Guild and Fury Guild are definitely tied for a close 2nd."

I grinned and nodded. I turned to look at the cement walls flying by out the window.

"Interesting. I bet they have access to some really neat dungeons"

I could see Talia's reflection in the window like a mirror, she made eye contact with me and continued talking.

"Yeah but we're just a couple of D Class Hunters. Even if they have scouts everywhere in this city there's no way they'd reach out to us."

"Yeah, yeah. I can dream."

She grinned.

"Screeeeeech."

We made it to the troll dungeon.

The escalator up was exactly the same as the dungeon I visited yesterday. At the top there was a very similar room with a floating blue portal at the back.

Talia and I drew our swords, Cori stretched his arms and got into a readied state as well.

We all jumped through.

This is definitely a new dungeon environment for me.

The ground is moist and the air is very humid. There are small swamp patches everywhere I look.

The moss smells weird and pond grass rose up to my knees everywhere I stepped. Thankfully there are no bugs in sight, that's a relief. I hate bugs.

When I look out far into the dungeon I can see thousands of trees. Most of them are pretty short and have long green vines hanging off their sagging branches.

This is honestly a pretty gross dungeon, I should have done a bit of research before I agreed to come. I'm definitely going to have to do a deep wash my boots, or just buy a whole new set of clothes after this raid...