Chapter 156

The blood-dripping Berserker Giant falls to the floor after attempting its jump into the sky.

I check my mana crystal supplies. There's just under 60k MP worth of crystals in my item storage. Judging by the state of this monster, and its tendency to throw itself in front of my attacks, it seems like I'll be able to defeat it in just a few more hits.

Grinning, I charge up both of my blades again. The white and red lights glow on both sides of my body as I concentrate on refining the dense mana flowing through my veins down into a perfect attack.

Locking my eyes on the target below, nearly 30 seconds pass as I charge up my attack full close to 10k MP. Once its ready, I let the energy crescents soar.

Same as before, they rocket downwards toward the grinning beast. It plants its foot and raises its blade, bracing for impact.

Moments before the mana-dense strikes make contact, I see a red blur move across the flat battlefield. The twisted grin of this menace haunts me as it runs from my attack...

A loud cracking sound rings out seconds later as 10k MP worth of hard-earned mana hits the glossy stone structure below exploding into a vibrant red, white light show below.

I scowl, air-stepping away while keeping my vision locked on the speeding Berserker. I can't tell what it's doing, but I know it just messed up my attack and I'm not happy about it.

This win isn't going to come as easily as I thought it would.

Resentfully charging up another 10k worth of MP, I plan an attack I've been meaning to try for a few days now...

After 30 seconds go by and both my blades are near the point of full mana saturation, I concentrate hard on my target and whisper two words under my breath.

"Dungeon Walker."

Teleporting to the opposite side of the black square arena, still over 20m in the air, I release my dual attack. In the blink of an eye, I teleport over 100m to the other side of our battlefield right behind the hidious creature.

Now, with the element of surprise on my side, the white and black energy blades rip through the air with All-Seeing Eye-guided precision.

It takes fractions of a second for the dense mana output to reach its intended destination. Watching it hurdle toward the Berserker's back, I let out a victory yell. It lands a perfect unguarded hit.

A bright white light shines on impact. Then after half a second of lag, wind and fire magic erupt from the target. Crimson red flames along with near-invisible razor-sharp gusts of wind shoot out in all directions.

I air-step closer full of curiosity, eager to admire my job well done. Today is the first time I've been able to test my new mona refinement abilities on a moving enemy that can actually take a hit.

The dust clears as I approach, but I stop abruptly as a red glow seeps out from below me. It's followed by another ear-piercing screech as the menace jumps up with its sword pointed straight ahead.

There are more residual burns and gashes from my wind slashes and fire magic, but somehow, it hasn't slowed down one bit. If anything, the beast has gotten faster and stronger from taking these attacks.

I use Dungeon Walker to teleport backward again, about 30m high in the sky. It takes a considerable amount of wind magic to keep me upright in the sky, I'm having to plunder MP from crystals more than I'd like to. It's the only way to avoid the leaping monster's attacks.

It hits the ground with another thud, locking its eyes on me again and sprinting around in circles with greater speed than its previous attack.

This is how Berserkers work.... The more I attack the more that beast will enjoy the fight. The closer it gets to dying, the more danger I'll be in.