Chapter 159

Still trying to process the words that just came out of the blue-haired Elite's mouth, I stand with a blank expression on my face. He really said...

"You have 8 hours to make a cut all the way through this mountain with nothing but your mana, magic skills, and a sword."

The corners of my mouth begin to curl as he stares at me with a very serious look on his face. I turn to Rylan, but he just shrugs... This doesn't help me out one bit.

Unable to hold myself back, I let out a loud laugh while bending over and holding my knees. I continue to process what the swordsman just asked me to do.

"Cut it all the way through? You want me... do cut this mountain in two? Who do you think I am?"

Fisher reaches into his item box and takes out his sword. Without a moment's hesitation, it begins to glow light blue. He turns to a jagged cliff overhang about 200m away from us and gracefully swings his sword.

A paper-thin crescent of almost invisible blue mana leaves his blades, flying through the sky toward the cliff nearby.

Preparing for an explosion followed by an avalanche, I take out my own blade and get ready to air-step away. On impact, quite the opposite happens...

The thin blue blade of energy hits the rocky overhang and doesn't even make a sound. I watch closely, eagerly waiting to see what will happen next...

The blue energy attack comes out of the top of the overhand in complete silence. I open my mouth but no words come out as I watch the massive ledge of rock separate from the mountain and fall to the dungeon floor moments later. A perfectly straight and glossy smooth cut has been made through the entire cliff side letting a huge chunk of rock hit the ground with an earth-shaking thud.

Fisher grins, putting his blade away and turning toward me. The dust cloud from the fallen rock settles as he speaks.

"By the end of this training session, hopefully, you'll be able to release an attack similar to that."

Still, wide-eyed and in shock at the precision of his blow, I let the Elite continue.

"Maybe I phrased myself incorrectly before. I meant, you'll need to learn to create an attack that can cut through this entire mountain, uninterrupted."

I raise an eyebrow.

"What kind of training is this...? Cutting through rock? How does this help me with mana control?"

Fisher throws me two small pink bottles, then points to my sword.

"I've seen you charge up at least that much into one of your blades. Try the same attack as me, throw one at the ledge. Once you can make a slice half as clean as mine, we can move on to the next stage of training. Got it?"

I catch the two bottles, examining them and confirming that they're just C-Class MP potions.

"Sure- I can do that..."

Clenching my jaw, I ignite my sword into flames, uncork the first bottle, and begin to charge up. Drinking both potions with one hand, and gripping my weapon tight with the other. I manage to imbue a full 5000MP in just under 20 seconds.

Dropping both bottles to the floor, I grip my flaming blade with both hands and plant my feet locking my vision on the cliff's half-cut ledge in front of me. Its glossy shine from Fisher's last attack glimmers in the artificial sun's light.

I focus on making my mana as dense, fine, and powerful as possible. With a grunt, I swing my sword and let the black crescent of dense fire rip through the skies.