Chapter 183

I glow red and gold while my blade burns crimson with a black aura leaking from its core.

My eyes are locked on the Stone Knight charging towards me, its dual blades for arms are covered in a thick red layer of mana shielding.

The aura of fog that filled the room earlier has condensed into a smaller form and seeps out from the small slit in the approaching Monster's helmet.

It takes long strides, bouncing off the rippling floor without making a sound.

This must be a perk of its Earth Summoning magic. The stone all around us can become its weapon whenever it chooses.

Then again, it could be its mana manipulation skill. The entire Labyrinth is made of mana, it could just be toying with dungeon mass itself.

Either way, I've been training for a moment like this. It may seem stronger than me now, but by the time this battle is over, I'll be on top.

Every footstep of mine makes holes in the fragile tile floor as I propel myself forward with wind magic. I zig and zag between the white-clothed tables and gear up for another strike on the gracefully moving stone Knight.

A 1000MP attack from a 10-meter launch distance was deflected without a second thought, I'll need to put the pressure on for this next strike.

I grin, grabbing a table with my left hand as I air-step by and flip it up into the air. I continue running forward and do the same for the next table, then again, and again.

The glowing Knight stays at a steady pace, gaining distance on me every few seconds.

Once it gets too close for comfort, Dungeon Walk 10 to 20 meters away while continuing my table flipping and zig-zagging madness.

Its deep voice rings out in my head.

"Do you mock me? You challenge a Floor Boss, but run and hide the moment your cheap attack fails to do any damage!"

I smirk, getting a clear line of view of its open back. My preparations are almost complete.

The monster is right, it does seem like I'm just running away. It can think that all it wants for all I care, I'm just setting the scene for our battle to commence.

While setting Dungeon Walker points across every square meter in the banquet hall, I've also made quite a mess. Perfect for quick cover during a long and tiring fight.

I focus on empty space right behind the Stone Knight's back, less than 1 meter away from its blind spot.

Its left side is wide open again. This time, I won't waste this chance on a long-range attack with low levels of MP. I'll strike where I know it's weak, and with enough MP to shatter its shield.

With my All-Seeing Eye in full focus, I let my mind dive deep into the depths of its shielding to replicate the paper-thin width of its grid-like stone armor.

With the 1500MP stored up in my blade that I've been charging while evading its advance, I Dungeon Walk in to launch my attack. Simultaneously, the monster opens our link to speak into my mind.

"Just keep on running and hiding human! Do you really think you could-"

Its deep voice halts the moments I blip towards its backside.

I'm already halfway through releasing my attack before it begins to turn, attempting to block with its glossy-bladed arms.

My black flaming energy attack comes shooting out of my sword at point-blank range, making contact with its unguarded backside. The flash of white light is blinding, and the intense buzzing sound of mana fills my ears as I'm forced to air-step backward. I don't want to be caught up in the explosion of fire that follows.