Chapter 55

"Hey! What do you mean you're borrowing my skill?"

She giggled and turned back towards me.

"It's my skill called Mimic."

I squinted at her with a confused look on my face.

"Okay? What exactly does it do? How's it work?"

"Well, I can mimic any skill I see. I chose to mimic your fire magic, so its now my skill as well."

I froze for a moment... This could be even more powerful than my skill. She can just copy any skill she sees???

"Y-You can do this as much as you want? How many skills do you have?"

Nessa shook her head.

"No, no. It's not like that. If I choose to mimic another skill I'll lose the ability to use my previously obtained skills. I can only hold one at a time, I need to see a specific skill again to switch it back."

"Okay. So you can just keep this fire magic skill until you decide to change it?"

"Kind of. If I sleep or lose consciousness my saved skill disappears. I have to find something new to mimic everyday. It's a blessing and a curse. Does that make sense?"

"Well... Yeah, it does. That's interesting. I've never seen a skill like that."

Nessa nodded at me with a satisfied look on her face.

"I haven't gotten to use fire magic in a while. I think I'll keep it for today."

Hudson walked over to us.

"Nice work, these were low levels but it's good to see you in action. Neat ability."

We waited for the monsters to disappear and took one mana crystal each.

It would be entertaining to tag along with this party today.. but is it really a good use of my time? I'll get a fraction of the exp... and barely any loot. I decided to speak up.

"Hey, thanks for getting me into the dungeon today. I think it would be more efficient if we split up though. I am more of a solo hunter after all."

Hudson nodded slowly.

"Sure, sure. Like I said before, we'll be doing a maintenance run of the boss room in about 4 hours. If you'd like to meet us there, I'd love to have you on the raid team and see you fight seriously."

I smirked and thought about it for a moment.

The boss room huh? I was going to wait a few days to challenge it, but with a full team of 6 I'm sure we could defeat it easily. I'd get some good levels and insight on the boss room for when I fight it alone too. I replied.

"Sure, that would be a pleasure. I'll do my daily farming and meet you all at the boss room in exactly 4 hours."

Hudson grinned and put out his hand, I shook it.

"Great."

Nessa bobbed her head a bit and smiled at me as she spoke.

"See you soon Jay!"

I smiled and waved as I turned and made a quick departure deeper into the dungeon.

"See ya!"

I'm always awkward at goodbyes... at least we'll see each other in a few hours. The dungeon is calm today, there's no sense of any excess magic in the air. One thing did keep coming up in the back of my mind though. Nessa's skill is really similar to mine, no wonder she's leveled up so fast. Is it a unique? I'll ask her more about it later today.