Chapter 18

It's been 5 days since I beat the wolf boss for the first time. It's Monday morning now, I'm level 77. After beating the boss 16 more times I've gone up a total of 13 levels. The efficiency of leveling up is getting slower, it takes about 2 boss kills to level up and will only get worse from here. I'm able to defeat the boss while using only 1 MP potion, sometimes none at all. I can face it up to 5 times a day if I spend the whole 12 hour day trekking up and back through the desert. It takes me about 3 hits with a fire sword to subjugate the wolf man now. I've profited almost 30 silver in the last 4 days.

[Status Open]

____________________
Name: Jay Soju

Level: 77

Hp: 390/390

Mp: 390/390

Strength: 190 [+50]

Speed: 220

Agility: 231

Defense: 172

Mental Strength: 191 [+38]

Skills:

Absorption
Swordsmanship
Combat Magic [Fire Summoning]

Items Equipped:

Stainless Steel Long Sword [+50 Strength]
Golden Wolf Ring [+20% Mental Strength]

_____________________

I got dressed and readied my sword in its sheath. As I went to reach in my drawer for a few coins to fuel todays hunt I saw a card I'd placed in there last week. It was the "Pace Guild" card. I remembered the scout offered to show me around their advanced E Class dungeon... it may be worth a shot today.

I put all my gear together including a few leftover MP and HP potions and stepped out the door. I grabbed breakfast at the corner store and made my way in the direction of the Pace Guild. I'm curious how powerful their private dungeon really is.

About 15 minutes later I found the guild. It was a large brick building, maybe 5 stories tall. They're a small guild, but in a town like this... what else can you expect.

I walked right through the front door and was greeted by a tall blond woman.

"Hello sir, welcome to the Pace Guild. Please show me your Hunter's license. How may I help you today?"

"Oh sure, here. I- uh- I met a scout of yours by a dungeon last week. Jack? Could I talk to him?"

She took my card and examined it.

"3 months as an E Class Hunter? What's Jack doing scouting a rookie like you? Sure. I'll call him."

I was thrown off by the rude remark. Her tone completely changed the moment she saw my license. I guess I can't blame her, my growth is rather fast. A regular 3 month old non-affiliated E Class would most likely be around level 20-25.

I decided not to provoke her further, I patiently waited as she went off into a back room.

Minutes later she came out with the familiar man by her side.

"Hey! Jay the swordsmannnn! What a surprise. What can I do for you today?"

"Hi Jack! Well, I came here to see the Orc Dungeon. The one you mentioned your guild privately ran. Is that possible?"

He smirked, the woman looked annoyed.

"Could I see your status to confirm some info? It's recommended to be above level 70 for soloing the main dungeon area. Plus level 100 is recommended for the boss, this is where we train most of our upper E Class as they get ready to cross over into D Class dungeons."