Chapter 48

I stood in front of 3 charging Minotaurs with my burning blade and prepared for an attack.

The monster up front is the most wounded, its about 30m ahead of the other two. The smartest thing to do right now would be to take it out first. I charged in at the wounded beast and let my flames burn bright trailing behind me on the ground.

I have a pretty good feel on these monster's abilities. They're tough and crafty with their weapons, but with my magic gear, recent battle experience, and arsenal of abilities they're no match. It's time to test a few of my new skills out.

As the Minotaur up front approached I came up with the perfect plan. It raised its axe and I raised my sword to match it.

As the beast let out a battle cry and brought its axe down towards me I lifted my left arm in the air to shield myself. Its a gamble, but I'm fairly sure this will work out in my favor.

"Body Hardening"

I concentrated my body hardening skill  to make layer around my arm. Instantly, hard black crystals started forming all over the areas I was visualizing.

"CLANGGGGGGG"

The massive axe came down on my arm and it bounced off like it was hitting a sword. Some crystal fragmented, but the attack didn't make contact with my physical body. This gave me enough time to slip under the monster in its confusion and let out a fiery uppercut with my sword.

A final clean hit!

The beast fell to the floor with a grunt and a whimper covered in a blanket of flames.

[Level Up]

"One down, two to go."

I looked up to see the two minotaurs in hot pursuit. They seemed angry that I defeated their friend.

I got into a battle stance and checked my status. 450/795 MP remaining. The total decline is not bad, but definitely not efficient enough for my liking. It's about time I try out my new "plunderer" skill.

There are two beasts running at me this time, it'll be be a bit harder than my first fight. I ignited my blade into flames and grinned. My blood is rushing, these battles make me feel alive.

I decided to run towards the one to my right. It raised its axe and I raised my arm while hardening and bracing for impact.

"CLANGGGGG"

It took the bait. I swerved around the right side and slashed the beast's torso. While making contact with my blade I concentrated on my skill to take in mana. I repeated "Plunderer" over and over in my head as I cut deep into the Minotaur. I could feel my MP raising for a split second while my blade was touching the monster. 

The moment my blade left its flesh, the flow of mana stopped instantly. The beast let out grunts as it turned to face me again. Its partner in battle was close by as well.

I checked my MP, it read out 585/795. I grinned ear to ear. Even while using swordsmanship, fire magic, and body hardening my MP went up after that exchange.

The Minotaur came back for more.

"CLANGGGGG"

I blocked the beast again with my left arm and landed a devastating fiery attack with my right while taking in MP. The second monster followed close behind and I blocked its attack with my body hardening and managed to counter it easily as well.

I've completely figured out their fighting style. They may be pretty strong and able to take a lot of hits, but this battle is basically already over. It's just going to take time.