Chapter 67

My vision is blurry, and my clothing is soaked in blood. Even after regenerating most of my body aches with fatigue.

That doesn't matter now though, all I can think about is the man I have to defeat in front of my eyes. My blood is boiling and adrenaline is pumping through my veins. Even though I'm face to face with death, I feel like I can take on the entire world. It's exhilarating. This feeling is what I fight for.

The sword in my hands is glowing brighter than I've ever seen it shine. There's a strong sense of bloodlust emanating from it, but I'm putting out a ferocious aura of my own.

As our raw emotions clash, it seems the beast within the sword recognizes my intentions. Even in my moment of complete and utter defeat against a superior fighter, I still have the will to face my opponent head-on. We've come to an understanding.

"Fight to Survive."

It seems I've gained my sword's respect.

Theodore glares at me from across the ring and we lock eyes. He charges forward as I begin to feed MP into my continuously glowing blade.

My opponent has dropped his shield behind him and sprints forward with his club raised to finish me off. One hit and I'm dead.

I grit my teeth and continue feeding every last drop of mana in my body through my hands into the shining weapon clasped between my fingers. The light keeps growing brighter and brighter as our auras clash to become one.

My vision almost goes black as I lift my sword to begin a mighty swing. Theodore charges towards me from over five meters away. All of the mana leaves my body and is released in one fiery slash.

A massive dark red crescent moon of flames is released from deep within the sword and flies through the air leaving thick trails of fire magic residue behind.

Time slows down as I hear the crowd yell and scream about the heat. Some members in the front rows fall over and run away from the dome.

Theodore's eyes open wide and his face becomes distorted as the fiery slash rockets toward him.

It's all over in a fraction of a second....

*SHINGGGGGG*

Like a knife through butter, the dark flames slice through the entire right side of Theo's chest plate cutting off his arm, shoulder, and part of his chest. His club clangs as it hits the floor and he drops to his knees screaming in agony.

The dark crescent of flames slashes through the top of the dome's metal cage with an array of sparks and metal fragments. It continues upward over 20m and smashes through the warehouse roof as well.

I stumbled around and struggled to stay o my feet as I watched in awe. My vision wavered in and out and I questioned my own power. This is like nothing I've ever done before.

The crowd became silent....

Then erupted in cheers moments later!

"I knew he had it in him!"

"The Flame Emperor is our new champ!"

"My money was on him this whole time!!!"

"Who cares about his morals, we came for a good fight!"

"FLAME EMPEROR! FLAME EMPEROR!"

I snarled and rolled my eyes as I struggled to stay conscious. This crowd is awful, there's no loyalty in degeneracy. That's what this fight club and gambling ring are all about I guess, doing whatever feels good and riding highs.

At that same moment, Theodore attempts to stand to his feet. His club had rolled about 2m away and now he's trying to inch his way closer to it. I walk towards him with my sword raised in front of me.