Chapter 142

Arie and I walk through the Capital with the cool night's breeze at our backs.

We're really going back to The Great Plains Dungeon.

It's only been a day or so in the real-world's time since I even discovered this place even existed. I'm already thoroughly sick of it...

The 2 of us make it to the C-Class gate, down the escalator to the platform, and off to the dungeon in a matter of minutes. We enter the vast open air of The Great Plains and begin our trek.

Walking all the way back to the mutants spawn range doesn't seem like a proper use of time... Arie has seen me use my Dungeon Walker skill, he even covered for me to hide it from Tripp earlier. I turn to him with a serious look on my face but crack a grin before letting out any words

"Hey, let's make this a little faster."

I Watch Arie start to nod. Before he can respond, I place my hand on his shoulder and activate Dungeon Walker.

Less than a second later, we're 10km into the dungeon with a Mutant charging at us at full speed.

Arie stretches his bow back and releases a single shot. A thin white arrow silently flies through the air. It pierces the monster's forehead and it falls to the ground, defeated in a single blow.

We walk over to the dissolving corpse. I speak up as we wait for it to completely disappear.

"So, want to try and farm a couple of hundred Mutants tonight? Maybe we can stack enough Fragments to complete this week's quota."

Arie looks me up and down curiously, then replies.

"Do you really believe that?"

I squint my eyes, looking back at him.

"What do you mean by that...?"

"I saw the way Tripp reacted to us finding that Fragment too. I just hide my emotions a lot better than a toddler."

I respond, a bit embarrassed of my ignorance.

"W-Well... Hey! I'd like to farm at least 100 of them tonight, just to test if that drop is accurate. I can teleport us to the nearest ones pretty quickly, it wouldn't hurt to test it out..."

Arie nods slowly.

"Fine, but this is pointless. I'll farm 100 with you, then you bring me to a Titan. Deal?"

I gulp.

"Arie I-"

"Deal?"

I roll my eyes.

"I'll bring you to one. If for any reason you can't handle it, I'm teleporting you out."

Arie smirks.

"Good enough for me."

"Great."

Over the next 3 hours or so, we zip around the dungeon taking out mutant after mutant.

Multiple times during my enemy detection scanning, I sense a level 404 moving slowly off in the distance. It's most definitely Ember patiently drifting through the skies waiting for my return.

After 100 mutants, not a single one dropped a Fragment. They did drop a ton of mana crystals though, which Arie let me keep in exchange for my transportation services. After taking into account my sword's mana output and Dungeon Walker usage, I've netted nearly 20,000MP worth of crystals.

After the last Mutant, Arie speaks the words I've been dreading to hear.

"It's time to find that Titan. Come on Jay, let's check one out. I know you're inching to fight it too!"