Chapter 122

Bri throws me a handheld mirror from under her desk and I catch it clumsily.

"H-Hey what do you mean I'm showing off my Demon's Core? How'd you even know in the first place? Is it this line? The black line on my arm? You don't ev-"

I stop speaking as I bring the square-shaped mirror up to my face. After a few quick blinks, swallowing hard, and turning my head side to side, my mouth opens again to squeeze out a few words.

"My... eyes...they're..."

Bri finishes my sentence for me.

"They're almost white. Not as bad as my brothers, but to anyone that knows about the cores, it's clear as day you absorbed one."

She eyes me with a devious grin while I keep staring at myself in the mirror.

"My brother has quite a few, No one will mess with an A-Class, so he can do what he wants with them. You on the other hand, you're a nobody. I'm sure it'd be best to cover up before going to that meeting today. Better yet, cover up before Rodrigo gets back. I think he was too mad to notice earlier, after he cools off, he'll be much more perceptive."

She giggles to herself again while looking back down at the demon's horn and two element stones on her desk.

I reply, still staring at my light-colored eyes in the mirror.

"Well, tell me then. How can I get rid of these... these eyes?"

"Get rid of them? Impossible. I can tell you how to hide them, but it'll cost ya."

I sigh, rolling my newly discovered light hazel eyes.

"How much?"

"Two gold pieces. I have a magic item that'll do just the trick."

I click my tongue against the roof of my mouth as I reach into my item storage to grab two shiny gold coins. With a light toss, the round pieces of metal hit Bri's desk with a clink. She grabs them both before they roll too far.

"Perfect."

Reaching into her seemingly endless drawers, the craftswoman takes out a small black rectangular case. She throws it at me.

I catch the small rectangular box and look inside while activating Appraisal.

[Lenses Of Illusion]

I scrunch my eyebrows, then activate my All-Seeing Eye for a moment to get some extra info.

_____________________

Lenses Of Illusion

Info: A pair of contact lenses crafted using the Legendary Grade "Crafting" Skill and the Special Grade "Conceal" Skill. This item allows the user to see 25% further, and change their perceived eye color at will.

Class: C+

Type: Single Use

Durability: 100/100

_____________________

I deactivate my skills and look at the pair of clear lenses with disappointment.

"These are literally just colored contact lenses... I paid 2 gold coins for a pair of contact lenses..."

Bri laughs.

"Lenses like those are hard to come by, try them on. You may think differently about them after you see what they can do."

With a sigh, I awkwardly place them both into my eyes. Blind and tearing up for a few seconds, they finally slip into place. The sensation of a brand new skill fills my subconscious.