Chapter 37

We ate as much as we could but there was still a good amount of food left on the table.

After lounging around for another 30 minutes or so we finally got up and paid the bill.

Rei motioned us towards the city center again.

"Let's go check out the Dungeon Hub. We don't have too much time before we have to catch the last train back home. One or two hours should be enough to get a feel for how the capital's dungeons work.

I got up and looked at her.

"Makes sense, I can't do a serious raid on a full stomach like this anyways. I'm curious how it works here, I haven't seen a single dungeon. I thought they'd be more out in the open, how do hunters even find places to raid around here? What's this Dungeon Hub place?"

Rei smiled.

"You'll see, it's where most of the public dungeons in Vice City are located."

I nodded accepting the fact she wouldn't tell me yet and started following her through the crowds of people in the busy market.

It was still mind blowing how many people were in a single area. I'm not used to this big city life just yet.

About 20 minutes later we walked past the mall area and made our way even further into the city's center.

The large silver towers were getting taller and the streets were getting narrower.

We eventually came across a large black tower.

It stood out from the buildings surrounding it and there were many people entering and exiting from the large open front doors.

Rei started walking towards the entrance. Maria and I followed without saying a word.

The inside of the tower was black as well, there were no windows or lights but oddly enough it was very bright inside. I could see perfectly.

There were 4 sets of escalators in front of us that lead down to a lower level. I assumed the tower went up at first, but I guess there's more underground.

Each escalator had black stairs and grey glass walls that went up to about waist height on other side.

The 4 sets of moving stairways were labeled:

[E Class Dungeons]

[D Class Dungeons]

[C Class Dungeons]

[B Class Dungeons]

Each of them had a security guard that scanned IDs in front of them before anyone could go down.

There was an escalator in the distance near the back of the building as well. It went upwards and had 4 guards in front of it. No one was approaching that stairway, I couldn't make out the writing on the sign above it.

Rei continued to walked towards the far left stairway.

"Alright, let's take the E Class escalator so we can all check it out."

Maria and I nodded, this is what I was thinking too.

The crowds of people were mostly all going to the same place as us.

Over 75% were headed down to the E Class Dungeons.

20% were scanning their IDs to enter the D Class dungeons.

The remaining 5% were headed towards the C class dungeons.

I didn't see a single person go down the B class escalator.