Chapter 102

As we walk closer and closer to our destination, the odd feeling of being watched from a distance doesn't change at all.

The air feels rather dense with mana, almost like a dungeon break... but not quite.

The peculiar dark floating particles become much more visible in the air.

I hear Abby's high-pitched voice call out from the front of our formation while watching her green ponytails bob up and down as she jumps in the air.

"Look! It's right there! We made it!"

My eyes perk up as I see the faint glow of a boss room portal twisting and fluctuating on the horizon. There's only one hunter beside it, the exam monitor.

Maria replies to her in an optimistic tone.

"Exciting!"

Then scrounges her nose and clicks her tongue lightly.

"But... are we ready for this..?"

I smirk.

"I am. I've been itching for a fight."

Arie chuckles.

"You just had a pretty intense battle."

I roll my eyes and look back at him with a scowl, then a playful smile.

"Yeah, but it was cut short! Somebody had to jump in and save the day."

He sighs.

Maria laughs.

"I'm sure we'll get a good fight, and win! I'm confident in my abilities."

She looks over to Bruce, Nessa, and Abby with concern plastered across her face.

Abby's face goes red as she replies.

"Hey! What are you trying to say? I can handle whatever is thrown at me too, just watch!

Nessa tightens the grip on her sword nervously as Bruce smirks and replies while lifting his left wrist in the air.

"Don't worry about us, we'll fight until the end no matter what. Even if we face an opponent too tough, we've got-"

He looks Maria up and down, then locks eyes on her left arm.

"Where's your bracelet?!"

She hides her wrists behind her back.

"I-Uh The thing is-"

I cut her off.

"It's a long story... I'm surprised it took you this long to notice."

Everyone's eyes are focused on Maria, but she breaks the silence after a few seconds bringing her hands back to her front side.

"As I said, I'm confident in my abilities! You all just worry about yourselves."

She blushes a bit, and the group takes it as a sign not to push her any further.

We continue forward and I hear Arie whisper something under his breath.

"Very, very interesting..."

As the six of us approach, the monitor waves us down and calls out.

"Welcome, welcome! You all know the rules, line up."

Abby looks back and gives us all a firm nod.

"I'm going first."

I look over to Maria to see her sifting through her item box. She pulls out over half a dozen MP potions and splits them between Bruce, Abby, and Nessa.