Chapter 151

Fisher straightens his posture and casts an unfriendly gaze my way, scanning me from head to toe with a disapproving smirk.

"You're Jay... Ha! You're Jay??"

Confused by his question, I respond with a one-word reply.

"Yeah..."

The dark blue-haired hunter lifts his condescending gaze to meet my eyes, then pauses for a moment. He looks up at the ceiling, deep in thought, then replies.

"You're pretty quick, aren't you? I was sent here by the director yesterday. At my full speed, you still managed to get here just a few hours after me...."

His distasteful glare turns into a somewhat curious grin. He points to the door, leading to the open dungeon.

"Come on, let's go outside. I was told you have a pretty strong aptitude for fire, I'd like to see it for myself."

He walks toward the door through the tables full of hunters motioning for me to follow.

I turn to Rylan and the Inn Keeper. The redhead nods eagerly pushing me to follow him, Mr. Conway speaks up as we begin to follow.

"He may seem tough on the outside, but Fisher is a kind kid. He just puts on that act ever since he became one of the youngest C-Class Elites in the Vice Region."

With a nod and a smile, I thank the short man and follow Fisher as he steps through the wooden door on the other side of the room.

The air outside is still cool and crisp as both Rylan and I follow the Elite around the backside of the Inn. The view of the tall mountains is pretty beautiful from here. I'm always impressed by the artificial landscape created by dungeons.

Fisher stops right in the middle of a wide open field waving at us to follow.

Squinting as we walk further and further from the Inn, I see the shadowy outline of a winged creature flying at us from a distance.

The screech of wild Griffin fills my ears, and the realization that we're under attack from a monster finally hits me. I pull out my sword and ignite it into flames. Charging up less than 300MP worth of mana-imbued fire magic, I let out a fast, concise shot of dark, dense flames.

Seconds later, over 50m away, the diving Griffin loses its head and falls to the dungeon floor with a loud thud.

I let out a sigh of relief, then here a slow clapping noise. The blue-haired hunter grins while walking toward me.

"Not bad, I was expecting much worse. When I heard a new C-Class recruit was coming to train in the labyrinth for the first time, I didn't expect to meet another young advanced magic user like myself."

He reaches into a small item box on his waist to pull out a large sword. Its base looks black, but it glimmers dark blue in the sunlight. I use appraisal the second its unique hue hits my eyes.

____________________

TideBreaker: Enchanted Blade of the Hydra [Water Aspect] [+127% Strength][+81% Mental Strength]

____________________

A thin smile crosses my face as the flames flicker out on my sword. It seems like I've found another element stone-imbued weapon user, this is a first.

"I assume you're a Water Magic user? Is that right?"

He nods slowly, pointing his sword at me.

"Brutus really chose your team to be the next set of Elites... So, it's my job to prepare you."

I raise my sword, pointing it right back at him.

"What do you mean by that? The next set of Elites? What are you talking about? The Director never told me anything about you... I thought I was diving in this labyrinth solo..."