Chapter 51

I let the crowd of hunters go into the dungeon first. I'll take my time and venture a bit deeper today to find some harder opponents. I'm probably not ready for the boss yet, it'll take a few days before i can handle that solo.

There's a large sense of tension from the other parties. This whole dungeon surge thing is a pretty big deal.

Once it was my turn to enter I pulled out my sword and jumped through the glowing blue portal.

I wandered around the Minotaur Dungeon without any problems. The monsters became stronger and stronger as the day went on.

In 6 hours I faced off against 7 groups in total. There were a few other teams in the dungeon, so whenever I got nearby, I turned the other way to keep my distance. It was a little annoying at first, but overall it didn't really matter.

The first 3 groups I fought were pretty easy. They were all level 155-165. It was just mana drops, no level gains at all.

The next two groups were a bit harder. They were both lead by a boss with a pretty high level. One was Lv. 188, the other was Lv. 191. The Lv. 188 dropped an axe, the other 5 Minotaurs dropped only mana. I gained 4 levels from these battles.

It's much easier to level grind now that I can use my opponents MP. I'm getting hit while blocking occasionally, but with every increasing level the damage is becoming less and less.

The next group I fought had a surprising twist. It consisted of 4 total minotaurs. Their levels were 176, 177, 180, and 182. At first the monsters actually gave me a run for my money. They attacked in charges of two and had similar strength to my own. My only advantage was speed. I dragged the battle out for a long time while hardening for defense and absorbing their MP simultaneously landing cheap shots whenever I could. After this battle I had to drink an HP potion to recover fully.

The more I fight in this dungeon the more I understand why guilds love to come here. These beasts are good fighters, but they don't have any mind-blowing moves. As long as a team has proper gear and teamwork, power leveling is a breeze.

After this battle I gained 3 more levels and collected 4 huge mana crystals.

My final group was even more of a challenge. It was a group of 2 minotaur. One was a level 161 and the other stood at a staggering level 202.

The lower level monster was defeated very quickly at the beginning of the fight.

The Level 202 was definitely a challenge though. It was very strong and very fast. My small frame and agility were my only upside when it came to basic stats. I had to play it very safe and slowly chip away at the beast while blocking its attacks with a hardened left arm.

It chipped me down to about half of my HP before the battle was over. Both of these monsters just dropped mana crystals, no extra loot. I gained 3 levels from this battle.

After this fight I took a small break to sit by a tree and check my status.

[Status Open]

____________________

Name: Jay Soju

Level: 182

Hp: 465/915

Mp: 880/915

Strength: 437 [+125]

Speed: 521

Agility: 544

Defense: 389 [+156]

Mental Strength: 437 [+87]

Skills:

Absorption

Swordsmanship