Chapter 172

I can feel the heat of Ember's fire burning hot behind me as he tears the group of Berserker underlings limb from limb.

I'm faced off against the Boss. A 6m ball red-skinned Giant with armor that heals itself after being struck. This monster is even able to put out my advanced fire magic with its bare hands.

My excitement is hard to contain.

I continue to charge up my blade, air-stepping to the side as the agile monster jumps forward at me.

By now, I've plotted enough jump points in this Boss room to begin using my Dungeon Walker ability instead of just air-stepping around.

I grab an MP potion from my item storage as the long-limbed monster turns to fly at me again. It shows its sharp white teeth, stares forward with unwavering green eyes, and swings its long silver sword with incredible precision.

Unfortunately, I'm too quick.

This mid-range battle style I've been using lately isn't my preferred method of getting my much-needed adrenaline rush. Until I can master this new mana control technique, I can't just jump in with my blade swinging.

I'd be no better off than the Berserker going mad for a fight right in front of me.

I teleport away as the beast slashes at me again. It follows through into empty space letting out a frustrated roar.

It's been nearly 20 seconds now, I've charged up over 650MP into one attack. I'd like to get a full 60 seconds in, but it'll be tough in this environment. I let the mana strike soar from a distance.

This monster may be strong, and agile in its own right, but my speed and skillset have it outmatched. There's over half a million MP in my storage ready for use, I can keep this up all day.

As the thin blade of highly compacted mana flies toward the monster it runs at me with the same rage-filled glare. The red-skinned, crimson-glowing beast storms toward me again, this time focusing its attention on the incoming black blade of fire.

This Berskerer may be crazy like its underlings, but it seems to have some brains.

Or so I thought...

The red-skinned Giant raises its silver sword to block my incoming mana attack. I activate my All-Seeing Eye to watch the clash of magic take its course.

A thick layer of mana shielding is summoned all around the monster's sword. Similar to its chest plate.

I gulp, but watch eagerly.

"Is it really about to try and block a strike with this much power...?"

My eyes open wider, and my clenched jaw tightens as the crescent of blackened energy gets closer and closer to the monster's shining silver sword.

Then... it makes contact.

A loud metallic clang begins echoing throughout the dome-shaped boss room.

The collision in question isn't exactly what I expected it would be though....

As my energy blade hits the Berserker's dense mana shield around its sword, the crescent of fire slides through without a sound....

Its trajectory stays on course for the monster's neck. The surprised creature in question regrets its decision to block almost immediately.

It realizes its lapse in judgment and attempts to move its body out of the way. Unfortunately for the Boss, its too late.

My slash hits its left shoulder at point black range slipping through its armor like butter. A white light flashes, nearly blinding me on the spot. A loud clanging sound of mana on mana echoes throughout the boss room...