Chapter 14

After a quick walk back into the dungeon we came across a familiar opponent. A lone wolf eyeing us down preparing its attack.

It was a menacing sight, but after witnessing a boss battle moments prior this wolf didn't look scary at all.

"I got this one, stand back."

Abby stepped back and let me test out my new strength.

I charged at the beast, it returned the favor. A clash between man and wolf had begun again.

I could tell I was much quicker than the wolf right off the bat. I lunged in for an attack at its neck, the monster dodged to my left but that's exactly what I had anticipated.

I planted my right foot and charged in for an immediate counter. The wolf howled as I made a clean slice at its neck before retreating to safety.

I've gained 13 levels since our last battle. What felt like a brawl to the death before was no more than a good training exercise now. If I'm careful, I'll be able to beat it without a scratch.

We squared off again. The wolf bleeding from the neck and gritting its teeth. I stood ready with my sword drawn. The beast made its move.

It charged towards me with a death stare, I made a dash towards the left to get a good position on the other side of its neck for a final attack.

The wolf shifted its weight and turned to my new spot on the battlefield as I began to charge in as well. I sprinted straight on at the beast using a familiar windmill sword move from my back to over my head.

The monster went in for the kill. My agility was noticeably boosted since my last brawl. I jumped over the its meager attack and followed through with my strike.

It was all over in an instant. The wolf wined and collapsed as I sunk my blade into the back of its neck. A fierce battle, but a clear victor.

[Level Up]

_____________________
Name: Jay Soju

Level: 42

Hp: 215/215

Mp: 30/215

Strength: 106 [+50]

Speed: 120

Agility: 127

Defense: 96

Mental Strength: 107

Skills:

Absorption
Swordsmanship

Items Equipped:

Stainless Steel Long Sword [+50 Strength]

_____________________

"Wow another level, what a day."

Abby smirked.

"Would ya look at that. A world of a difference from this morning's fight!!"

"Yeah, you're right. I've gotten a lot stronger today."

The wolf began to disappear, I grabbed the mana crystal and tossed it up and down in my left hand admiring it before shoving it in my back pocket.

"Alrightttt, let's keep going!"

I looked at Abby.

"More?? How much do you want to do today?"

She turned and put both hands up in the air as she walked further into the dungeon.

"I don't knowwww, maybe a little longer. I'm trying to test out a theory."