Chapter 177

I stand in the middle of Bri's upstairs office with my new Blood Bonded armor set on.

In less than a few seconds, It all magically tightens to fit me perfectly. My arms, legs, shoulder, chest, and back are all shielded by what seems to be a very strong metal.

It's the same armor set the 19th-floor boss was wearing, after all, it took quite the attack to break it open.

I smirk, leaning into the familiar sensation of a Blood Bonded item asking for mana reserves. It only feels natural, so I let a few hundred MP seep out from my stores.

The light hum of mana fills the air.

Surprisingly, it doesn't even feel like it's leaving my body. As the mana travels into the armor set, it just feels more and more like a part of my own body.

I activate my All-Seeing Eye and a wide smile stretches across my face as I watch a thin layer of mana shielding form over the surface of all the armor pieces.

Bri lets out a light gasp.

"You... still manage to surprise once again."

She smirks, looking me up and down as I goggle over my new fancy item.

It is slowly consuming MP, drawing my supplies, but the invulnerability I feel right now is worth every single mana point. I can't wait to test this new armor out on the battlefield.

The battlefield... back in the Labyrinth...

I freeze, then look up at Bri, realizing I've made quite the mistake.

I happened to use conceal to leave the dungeons, but that won't work if I try to re-enter. My ID card still has my face on it... I'd need to scan it to get back in.

Even if I put on my best disguise, it's near impossible to fake a Hunter's ID.

There's no one scanning or ID checking at the entrance of the starter dungeon back in my hometown, but that'll be a 2-3 hour wait that I'd rather not take part in right now.

I reply.

"Hey, Bri... Do you know of any open-access dungeons around the capital? One's that don't ask for an ID?"

The craftswoman walks over to the back of the room, grabbing a small black jacket off the wall and placing it on before replying.

"Of course, there's a few underground Dungeon Hubs for people that want to dodge the Association's tracking systems for various reasons. What difficulty level are you looking for? Higher ranking C-Class dungeons? Or-"

"Whatever is closest. E or D or C dungeons are fine. I'd just like to do a little extra mana crystal farming..."

Bri nods with a smile that tells me she doesn't believe a word that's coming out of my mouth but doesn't care in the slightest.

She chuckles.

"Come on, follow me."

Bri walks past me, making her way toward the stairs.

I nod, following her and taking off my armor. I put it in my item storage for safekeeping. Once I'm back in the dungeons I'll put it back on. For now, I'd rather not be seen in a full set of armor worth multiple gold coins on this side of town.

She leads me all the way down to the basement, with the large metal door that opens up to the underground market.

I haven't been down here in a while...

My only memories of this place are the first time I wielded my fire-imbued sword. It worked out in the end, but my time in the underground fight ring wasn't exactly a walk in the park.