Chapter 113

A deep red fire grows hotter and hotter around the High Ogre King's body. Its dual blades glimmer off the light of its crackling flames, twisting them around in the air.

The monster lets out a bellowing roar and charges at us again. My last successful attack has definitely made it mad.

I dart off to the left side and Arie veers off to the right.

Using a few of my skills to land that combination attack felt pretty good. Usually, I rely on my brute strength and fire-based attacks to take out my opponents.

That won't work on this boss for a number of reasons...

I smirk, realizing this is a good opportunity to utilize some of my new abilities. The cat's out of the bag on most of my skills for the people in this boss room, there's no point in holding back anymore.

"All-Seeing Eye."

I activate my perception-boosting ability and the entire battlefield seems to slow down in front of my eyes. This is the first time I've used it with so many moving variables... it's incredible.

The boss looks like a fireworks show of various complex mana patterns. Its inner body shines with a dense light pink core of energy leaking out into its arms, then swords to control them with the dual-wielding skill.

I watch the mana continuously flow through the blades as they fly through the air. My enhanced senses allow me to see exactly where they're headed seconds before they arrive.

There's much darker pink mana, closer to red, permeating out of its body creating the dense flames. It becomes very clear where the small gaps of fire magic are present, I've never really thought of magic powers like this... It's very technical...

My mind is shocked by the sudden input of immense amounts of information, but I grit my teeth and continue running forward trying to stay focused.

As I get closer, I air-step upwards to face the menace as it swings one of its swords at me. Last time, it took most of my strength and energy to twist out of the way to avoid its attack, this time around I have a different plan.

With a sly grin, I watch the flow of mana force its sword toward me in an almost lackadaisical manner. What seemed to be elegant highly concentrated attacks before, now look like nothing more than careless random swings.

I air-step towards it tracking the simple trajectory as it draws near.

With a few light directional corrections in mid-air, I step onto the flat side of its long blade to propel myself upwards even higher. In the moment, I look down to see and feel all of the mana within myself with much greater understanding.

"Wind Summoning."

As I jump off the monster's blade I concentrate on forming sharp layers of wind around my own, then release two invisible dense crescents of wind similar to the fire attack I tend to use often.

The boss shifts its eye towards me as it comes to the realization I've somehow completely outwitted it.

*SHINGGGG*

The invisible wind blades cut through the weak points in its fire magic and hit the monster's open neck as I activate stealth and dungeon walker. A dark portal forms in front of me and I fall through while the Ogre cries out in pain.

Moments later, I come out of the warp portal next to Arie deactivating stealth as he fends off the monster's second sword. It lifts it up in the air reflexively to protect its neck, but this leaves its abdomen open for another attack.

Without saying a word, I give a firm nod to my fellow dagger wielder, and we both charge in. With a gust of wind magic, I separate its veil of flames.

*SHINGGGG*