Chapter 16

On my way to the dungeon this morning I grabbed 4 MP recovery potions. With my new rise in MP along with a level increase I'm able to take on 7 battles per full MP bar. The goal for today and tomorrow is to complete over 60 battles in total.

As I got closer to the old theatre entrance I saw people lined up around it. There were small groups of people crowded around talking to each other and preparing to enter the dungeon themselves. It looks like the dungeon is finally open for public use.

As I walked through the front doors a few groups eyed me curiously. It looked like there were no solo hunters here except for me.

I unsheathed my sword and made my way directly towards the portal.

"Excuse me sir!"

I turned to see a young man in a grey suit with a white undershirt jogging towards me.

"I couldn't help but notice you're a solo swordsman. Nice to meet you, my name is Jack."

I shook his hand and smiled politely.

"Hi, I'm Jay."

He replied instantly.

"You're aware the recommended solo level for this dungeon is 75. The boss is apparently a tough opponent. I haven't seen you around the other high level E Class dungeons, are you new to town?"

"No I'm not new to town, just new to this level of dungeon I guess. I'm going to do some training on the wolves today."

He eyed my sword.

"Well, I won't pry for any more details. It looks like you know what you're getting yourself into. Here, please take my card. Maybe you'd like to test out our Orc dungeon. It's controlled by the Pace Guild. It's a high E Class just like this one. Swordsman are always welcome."

I took the card and nodded.

"Thanks, maybe I'll come visit when I'm done here. Nice to meet you man."

Typical guild recruits, I've read about them. It was my first time actually being scouted like that, overall it does feel pretty good to be recognized. He didn't ask me to join or anything, but he did show some interest. I put the card in my back pocket as I jumped through the blue portal.

_____________________

The dungeon was a little crowded over the next 2 days, but the deeper I ventured in the less often I'd see any fellow hunters.

I stayed in the dungeon for 12+ hours a day. I completed 62 total battles. It was becoming more troublesome to find wolves than to fight them. I gained a total of 4 levels and made 13 silver in net profit.

[Status Open]

____________________

Name: Jay Soju

Level: 56

Hp: 285/285

Mp: 285/285

Strength: 140 [+50]

Speed: 160

Agility: 168

Defense: 127

Mental Strength: 140

Skills:

Absorption

Swordsmanship

Items Equipped:

Stainless Steel Long Sword [+50 Strength]

_____________________

It's Wednesday morning, I'm level 56. Today I have to beat the boss...

I looked in my bedside drawer to see 18 silver coins and a pile of bronze. I grabbed 8 silver and 3 bronze along with my sword and walked out the door.