Chapter 64

Bernard walked me up the stairway back to Bri's room, or better yet, her lair.

"How was your shopping trip? Find anything good?"

She walked towards us as I stepped into her office. Bernard stayed back and let me approach.

"Yeah, I got a few things!"

I lifted the new necklace off my chest while kicking up my right foot to show the new boots.

Bri nodded and walked towards her desk. A large black rectangular box rested in the middle of it. She glanced over at me, then back to the box.

"Come open it, I think you're going to be happily surprised."

A mischievous grin appeared on her face. I didn't care, I walked over to the case with a smirk of my own.

I stood over the box with both hands hovering over either side. Bri stepped back and I gulped to calm my nerves. The box hummed quietly, it must be some sort of containment item.

*Click*

I grabbed both sides of the box and opened it in one swift movement for a grand reveal.

The room felt different the moment my eyes met the blade. It's almost like it has a mind of its own and it just found its new owner... I can't shake the feeling it's watching me.

It's a long sword with a very similar shape that I'm used to, but it's jet-black and glimmers blood red depending on how you look at it In the light. I can already tell it's a one-of-a-kind piece.

I reach towards the handle and that feeling of being watched becomes stronger and stronger.

I tighten my face and got into a sturdy stance, it only feels natural. I grab the sword and hold it high up in the air.

It began to glow a dim crimson shade the moment I grasped it, but the color returned to black a few seconds later. The blade's handle feels warm to the touch. Initially, it felt like there was foreign energy flowing into my body, but now it feels very natural like the energy belongs to me. There's a significant strength stat boost, I feel incredible.

I looked the sword up and down as I brought it back down to my side. The feeling of being watched is totally gone now. I didn't just imagine it out of excitement, did I?

Next, I check my status.

____________________

Name: Jay Soju

Level: 211

Hp: 1060/1060 [+500/500]

Mp: 1060/1060

Strength: 512 [+384]

Speed: 606 [+364]

Agility: 630

Defense: 451 [+180]

Mental Strength: 512 [+102][+128]

Skills:

Absorption

Swordsmanship

Combat Magic [Fire Summoning]

Inspect [Special Grade]

Enemy Detection

Body Hardening[Special Grade]

Self Regeneration

Spacial Magic[Item Storage]

Plunderer

Telekinesis

Items Equipped: