Chapter 155

The white transfer magic leaves my vision as I ready my blades, turning on enemy detection.

The sky above me is a pale grey, and the landscape in front of me is made of completely black glossy stone. Formations of rectangular-shaped rocks jut out from the ground in crystal-like structures. They form walls creating an abstract maze of pathways as far as the eye can see.

I gulp, moving my head back and forth, then opening my spacial magic to let Ember out.

With a burst of dark flames, the Dragon appears. I hop on his back and we fly up into the sky to take a better look at the landscape.

What I see below is intriguing, but not exactly comforting...

The four-sided crystal-like black stone structures fill the entire dungeon in all shapes and sizes. Some are mountain-sized, creating high peaks in the distance. Some consolidate together, creating rolling hills and valleys. Other sections are more abstract making winding mazes that hunters could get lost in for hours.

We soar through the air in silence, as the ominous structures whiz by, below us. I sense a few enemies on the way, but I haven't gotten a close look at one just yet. They're all between levels 390 and 400.

Until...

"Ember."

I point down toward a massive flat black structure off I the distance about 500m away. There's a lone enemy standing in the middle of it, this one caught my eye when sense it on my radar. It's the same exact level as me.

[Lv. 408]

"Let's go down there. I need a warm-up before the boss room. This must be some kind of mutant."

With a powerful flap of his wings, Ember changes his flight path and starts a direct course for the soon-to-be battlefield.

Squinting, I can make out a humanoid figure just over 200m away now. I've never seen a dungeon like this and definitely haven't faced the monsters within it.

The fact that these monsters are my level, means they'll have enough exp to actually give me some proper growth.

"Finally, it's time to get stronger."

We glide down, faster and faster. The mysterious monster finally comes into sight and I get a solid look at the creature.

It looks like a man... A very, very oversized man with red skin standing nearly 4m tall. With human-like facial features, but sharp jagged Parada-like teeth, the beast turns toward me letting out an eardrum-bursting shriek. It's almost the size of a Yeti, but much more compact and agile looking.

Muscles ripple all over its body, and bulging veins pop out through a layer of lightweight silver armor and its sharp green eyes stare vehemently into mine.

Lastly, it carries a long silver sword...

I use Appraisal.

____________________

Active Items:

[Berserker Giant's Armor Set] +1000 Defense

[Berserker Giant's Long Sword] [Blood Bonded] +1000 Attack +500 Agility

Active Skills:

Swordsmanship

Berserker

____________________

I jump off Ember's back to plummet down at the creature. The Dragon hovers above awaiting orders.

I let out an excited laugh while activating all of my stat-boosting skills, charging my blades, and bursting into flames.