Chapter 34

I woke up very early the next morning. It wasn't even light out yet. I checked my clock.

"Half past 4, just great."

With a sigh, I hopped out of bed and decided to go for a morning walk. I have the energy for it, hopefully there's a store open for some food. I'm beyond starving.

I grabbed a handful of bronze and almost half my silver. All the coins fit in my item box as I tied it around my waist. Then, reflexively I tried to grab my sword.

"Ahh. Thats right. It's gone."

Walking out through the front door felt off without my sword, It made me feel pretty vulnerable. That'll all be fixed today though.

I took a stroll down the center of town towards the village market. Most of the lights were out. People should be asleep around this time, it makes sense.

I went to a less residential area in search for a bite to eat.

Finally, I found a 24/7 corner shop. This'll do.

I went inside and purchased a big bottle of water along with a bacon egg and cheese bagel. A breakfast of champions.

As my walk continued I made my way towards a park area as the sun began to rise. I couldn't help thinking about my adventure yesterday.

Was it catastrophically idiotic? Or was this the type of thing I had to do to get stronger?

I wouldn't have unlocked the new capabilities of my fire magic without that fight. Plus, my combat experience has gone through the roof. I'm much more confident fighting stronger monsters now.

I also obtained a very valuable new magical item. My defense stat is finally not a major weakness, It'll be fun to test that out. Best of all, I absorbed a new skill.

Body hardening. It's a special grade skill as well. A rare class of skill like my inspect skill, not many people have this type of body hardening. It will be very beneficial.

I've definitely become stronger. I need to be more strategic about my battles in the future. I need to level up a lot more, but I also have to start farming valuable skills as well.

The sun started to rise and I decided to make my way over to the Pace Guild.

"Morning Jay! You're up early."

The tall blond woman greeted me in the lobby. Does she never sleep?? They must work her like a horse.

"You are too. Anyone here yet? I'm meeting Maria and Rei today."

She shook her head.

I nodded and continued walking forward.

"Alright. When they come by, tell them I'm in the training room."

I walked back into the white walled training room. I was too tired yesterday to get a good look at everything in here.

I felt the walls and the flooring with my fingers. They were smooth to the touch and I could hear a light hum when I put my ear next to it.

Odd. It must be some kind of magic barrier. I've read about advanced magic training tech in some news articles but hadn't paid it much mind. I never thought I'd be able to use it myself.

About 30 more minutes passed as I sifted through old swords and shields. Nothing else too special in here. Most of the gear is pretty messed up. I guess thats why they're sending Rei off to restock.

*Knock *Knock *Knock

"Jay!! Ready to go to the capital today??"

Maria came running in the room with a smile on her face.