Chapter 80

[Test 1][Time Remaining: 46 Hours]

As we walk further into this new forest dungeon the trees get thicker and the soil becomes rockier. I can still see the sky overhead, but it's a huge change of pace from the meadow-like dungeon we just departed from.

Maria and I continue jogging at a steady pace through the forest. About 20 minutes into our trek we hear movement in front of us deep behind a patch of thick green leaves.

I use inspect and enemy detection.

[30m]

[Lv. 44]

[Lv. 51]

Moments later, two large hobgoblins come running into our vision with their swords pointing at us. They stand over 2m tall, have light green skin, hold long silver swords, and wear rags for clothing.

Maria and I sprint forward and slice them both in half without activating an ounce of magic.

We continue running forward like nothing happened.

After another hour and a half, and 4 more hobgoblin encounters, we finally make it to the boss room portal. I turn to Maria.

"Seems like the teams are getting pretty spread out. We only saw one in this dungeon.. and it was at the very beginning!"

She nods.

"Yeah, maybe that camping team thinned the crowd in front of us and we're just outpacing the crowd behind for now."

"True, you're probably right..."

"You ready?"

"Ready."

We jump through the floating grey portal and enter the floor 2 boss room.

The ground is hard, and the light is dim. It feels exactly like the previous boss room, just with walls completely made of stone.

Footsteps begin to sound as a 3.5m tall mutated hobgoblin appears.

I use inspect.

[Lv. 68]

Before it can even let out a roar, Maria runs forward and cuts it's head clean off. She turns back to me.

"Two down, eight to go!"

I nod slowly, then let out a small laugh.

A few moments later the corpse disappears and the white light appears transporting us into a new dungeon.

I open my eyes to see a unique sight.

It's a wasteland....

The ground feels soft and wet, but still easy to walk on. There's very minimal plant life here, and the soil is an off-putting reddish-purple color. The entire landscape is full of mildly sloping hills with no trees in sight.

As I look up, the sky is grey with a hint of blue... This dungeon is depressing...

"Let's walk this one. I think conserving energy would be the best thing to do right now."

Maria nods and we walk forward into the dungeon with caution. The moment we do, I hear a rumbling in the distance.

I use enemy detection and inspect. Instantly, I sense over 20 monsters running our way between levels 70 and 100.

"Here they come!"

Maria replies.

"Already??"

We both grip our swords tight and get ready for whatever beasts are about to show their faces....