Chapter 181

Ember and I plunge through the smoke and fire, diving into the wide-open hole created by my final attack against the Silver Knights.

Although troublesome, I know the opponent lurking behind this wall will be a greater challenge than anything I've faced before.

I'm ready for battle.

Grinning ear to ear, and flaming from head to toe, we burst through the thick smoke we finally make it inside.

The black-scaled Dragon lands with a thud and the dust settles slowly.

Just from the echoing sound of Ember's hard landing, I can tell the room we've just invited ourselves into is much larger than the entrance hall we've departed from.

My All-Seeing Eye is active, but the dense clouds of thick murderous mana-infused aura block my vision on all sides. I can only sense what's behind me, and that's not much... I know there's a dangerous beast ahead, and all I want to do is fight it.

The dust finally clears completely and the front half of the room we've landed ourselves in becomes much more clear.

It's similar to the entrance hall we just left but with much higher ceilings. Fire crackles behind me, and begins to creep along the sides of the walls, but the wide room goes on for easily 20 meters on both my left and right side.

The retreating red cloud still covers the back half of the room in front of me, so it's hard to tell how deep it really goes.

We're in what looks like a massive banquet hall. Tables are set with fine white cloth, silverware, and plates are delicately placed in front of each seat.

This hall must be big enough to feed hundreds, and they must be expecting some important company....

The perfectly set tables go on as far as the eye can see, almost 40 meters before fading away into the dark red mist at the back half of the room.

I look up at the ceiling to see it's made of the same familiar yellow and orange glass. The intricate designs in this one are even more beautiful than the entrance hall.

A pulse of energy comes out of the mist like it's putting out its feelers. I feel the evil entity controlling it for a moment and instinctually shiver.

I gulp, focusing my attention back on the now fast-flowing mist-like aura, then open my link with Ember.

"It looks much more active than it was moments ago. This is... be the floor boss, right?"

Ember nods one time as I jump off his back.

"It is definitely near..."

The light sound of my boots tapping the cold stone floor is the only thing that fills my ears as I walk past the white tables cautiously.

I try to use Inspect and Appraisal, but nothing seems to make it through the mana-dense red mist.

Not a single reading can be made from this odd phenomenon. It's similar to when I try to use my enemy detection skill on a Void Creeper. It's definitely there, but it's blocking me from sensing it.

Ember trails close behind me.

I'm ready to Dungeon Walk us out of here if anything goes south too fast, but my curiosity is eating away at me.

Every step closer to the swirling red aura makes me shake more and more with the excitement an intense battle brings.

Whatever is back there is stronger than anything I've ever faced before....

Gritting my teeth, I make it to a portion of the banquet hall where red mist covers the floor. I hover my foot above the mana-dense aura for a moment, then stomp downward, letting that murderous presence creep up my spine...