Chapter 88

[Test 1][Time Remaining: 19 Hours]

I let out a yell and push myself backward using my sword as a propellant. The massive man glows brightly with his hands outreached toward me.

I throw myself back about 5m in the air will all my strength while digging through my item box vigorously. A handful of HP potions fall onto the floor before an MP potion finally pops out. I lock eyes with the man as I rip the cork off it with my teeth and chug it down as fast as humanly possible.

All of a sudden, he stops running at me and places his hands on his hips.

"That's all I needed kid, this could have been over a lot sooner!"

With this brief moment of rest, I keep my eyes locked on the brute and aimlessly grab at the floor around me until I make contact with an HP potion. I gulp down its contents without hesitation as the man just stands in silence grinning...

The orange-haired tank eyes me up and down while standing in front of the sword I left stuck in the ground before him. His smirk widens and he grabs it tightly attempting to pull it from the hard dirt.

"ARRRGHH DAMN YOU LITTLE S-"

The grunt's hand bursts into flames as the sword begins to glow bright red. My eyes widen as I remember it's bonded to my blood. No other person can possibly wield it without being burned...

The man begins to glow white with an anger-filled expression across his face and runs at me.

I activate bloodlust, then turn to run... There's no way I can get hit by an attack like that again. It decimated all of my HP in less than a second last time, it was nothing more than pure luck I made it out of that exchange. He won't get distracted by my sword next time either.

Oh right... my sword.

After launching myself away from the brute with all my might, I turn my head to look over my shoulder and see him chasing close behind. My mind is spinning and my heart is pounding out of my chest! I take a deep breath in, then let it all out as my mind calms down and a plan begins to formulate.

"Stealth."

Just like that, I disappear mid-step. Well, I disappear from my assailant's perception at least. I make a hard left turn, but the tank continues running straight ahead. He lets out an angry yell as I lock eyes on my glowing red blade. The grunt stops in his tracks and curses me out as I simply dart over to the battle-yearning sword with silent graceful steps.

I reappear moments later with my blade in hand while activating my fire magic and berserker skills. Then with a friendly wave, I call out.

"Hey, big guy! Over here!"

He turns and charges at me like a bull. With rage in his eyes, I can see his ego won't let him admit I managed to slither away from him in his moment of assumed victory.

I take a slow step back activating my stealth skill once again, disappearing from his field of vision. He stops in his tracks wildly swinging his head around in confusion.

"Come on out!! Stop hiding you lit-"

*SHINGGGG*

I land a critical hit.

With berserker skill, bloodlust, fire magic, and my half-sentient pissed-off sword along for the ride, I leave a deep fiery gash in the thug's midsection below his steel chest plate.

He lets out a yell of frustration while glowing brightly.

"I SAID COME OUT YOU-"

*SHINGGGG*