Chapter 42

The mutant troll stood in front of us with its long arms reaching close to the ground.

The monster's right hand held a large axe and its left was glistening with sharp claws.

It stood almost 5m tall and was a much darker shade of green than our previous opponents.

I used my inspect skill.

[Lv. 172]

It doesn't seem too bad. The level 150s were a piece of cake. This one might be a bit stronger, but Talia and I can handle it.

The monster roared as we ran towards it. The massive troll swung its axe erratically and hit nearby trees while charging towards us.

I broke off to the right side and Talia moved to the left.

We were both much faster than this beast. It'll definitely be an easy fight.

Moments later we weaved in and out of the trees avoiding the monster's random attacks and each of us sliced clean through its legs.

"THUDDDDD."

The troll fell flat on its face. I grinned and made eye contact with Talia as we turned to finish it off.

The instant I turned back my eyes went wide.

The two legs we cut were moving around on their own... and they were mutating rapidly.

Seconds later the two legs had formed into normal sized trolls.

This can't be normal.

"We need fire!"

I yelled and scanned the battlefield for Cori.

I could burn them to a crisp, but I wouldn't have much MP left for the boss.

I finally found him 30m away standing back behind a tree.

"Cori! Come help Talia with these two. Let me handle the big guy!"

He nodded and started to sprint around the outside of the battleground.

I looked at Talia, she understood.

"I'll handle them. You take out the mutant."

I gritted my teeth and tightened the grip on my sword as I charged in towards the massive troll.

Its legs were growing back at a rapid rate. It had much faster regeneration than the prior trolls.

I erupted into flames and focused everything I had into my sword. I jumped directly at the beast's face.

"CLANNNNGGGG"

The troll made an erratic movement with its right arm and somehow blocked my swing with its axe. I landed back on the ground about 5m in front of the troll.

"Ahh so you're a crafty mother f-"

"CRUUUUAAARRR!"

I grinned and looked up at the beast. Looks like I'll have to try plan B.

I charged towards its right side in a full sprint. It countered by swinging its axe around in circles like a maniac.

I dodged across its body to its left and didn't even try to attack. It awkwardly swung its claws at me but missed. This monster clearly relied on its axe for attacks and defense.

I made my way to its backside and planted my left leg to jump up without hesitating for a second.

I concentrated every last bit of MP into a swing of fire.

"SHINGGGG"

"THUDDD"

A clean hit. I managed to cut its head off.