Chapter 154

Ember slowly flies down to the plateau below as the 3 snow Yetis come charging at us.

They all start glowing golden yellow with the familiar aura of [Extreme Strength], one of the same stat-boosting buffs that I use.

I jump off the flaming Dragon's back and begin to fall downward charging up my sword and dagger. My dark fire magic keeps the cold air away from my body as I plummet to the ground.

After falling for close to 3 seconds, the 50m drop comes to an end. I let out my attack on the nearby Yetis, releasing close to 1000MP per blade.

Using the last remainder of my MP stores, I activate my wind magic to lessen the impact of my fall onto the hard ground.

My feet hit the snow-covered stone floor, still cracking the hard rock floor, sending black fragments flying off in all directions.

I smirk, taking out a few extra mana crystals to plunder MP as I watch the crescents of energy slice the charging monsters all in half.

Their bloodied bodies stain the white snow as I hear a light thud from Ember landing behind me.

This short victory is followed by the roar of a gold-glowing mutant running at me with murderous intent. Still grinning, I charge up my attack again, a full 2000MP strike.

From almost 30m away the white and black energy blades rocket through the air to make contact with the monster's torso.

It flashes a dull white light, and I see my attack halt in mid-air for a moment right before impact. I do a double-take while plundering a crystal to restore my MP.

A few fractions of a second later, the facade of an invisible shield breaks, and the blades of wind and fire slash the mutant beast in two. Its mutilated body hits the floor with two loud thuds.

I continue to plunder MP from my excess crystals, but a slight concern itches at the back of my mind. While waiting for the monster to dissolve so I can take their loot, I mumble under my breath.

"I wasn't imagining that... was I?"

I shake my head a few times, then breathe in the cold refreshing air on the mountain's top while letting my flames die down a little bit.

Ember comes up behind me, so I activate the link. He speaks.

"Shall we defeat the boss? Like you said there's only one more floor before the 20th."

I pause for a moment, then ramp up my flames and grin my swords tightly.

"Let's do it."

Pushing the odd occurrence with that mutant Yeti to the back of my head, the two of us trek through the snow to the swirling grey mass of energy at the backside of the plateau.

Moments later, we both step through.

The white transfer magic clears from my vision, but it's hard to tell the difference between the blinding white light and the sight before my eyes.

I blink a few times, looking around aimlessly with a slight sense of confusion.

Activating my All-Seeing Eye along with enemy detection and inspect, things become a bit more clear.

"The boss is near..."

[100m]

[Lv. 399]

The shadowy figure of a 6m tall massive white-furred ape-like creature comes charging toward me. I can see its golden glow from a distance peeking through the dense overcast of white snow.

Only now that my perception senses are active, can I tell that we're in a cave-like room. It's about 200m in diameter and the ceiling is blocked off with a dome.