Chapter 173

The 6-meter tall menace stands before me bloodied and torn to shreds by my last attacks. It's missing an arm, has a wide open wound in its chest, and can't possibly be on more than 10% health after the avalanche of rock that fell on it from above.

A dim light glows around its right hand and torso. The fragments of sword and armor that remain on its beaten body begin to materialize back into their original forms.

The jet-black aura that surrounds this beast reeks of death. It must be one of its skills.

Still charging my own blade, ready for battle, I stare the monster right back in its sharp green eyes. They almost look like they're glowing through the thick dark cloud surrounding the Boss.

I blink and the creature is gone. My heart skips a beat...

In what seems like no time at all, this beaten beast sprints toward me with blinding speed. It must be twice as fast as before...

I watch its silver sword come dangerously close to my mid section, less than 2 meters away. I Dungeon Walk to a safe distance the moment my brain catches up to the situation at hand.

Now, on the opposite side of the Boss room I put these new pieces of the puzzle together in my mine. It's 3rd skill...

"Final Breath."

Even from its name, it sounds like an ability that boosts the users stats at a moment just before death. The creature is on its final few HP, so that must be a trigger to activate this skill.

All I have to do is land one final hit, but all it has to do is land one me....

I grin with excitement as the red-skinned monster with a veil of black glowing mist all around it tracks me down and begins to run full force in my direction.

Waves of rock fly up in the air on both sides of the charging menace. Its speed is astounding. With a trail of dark aura streaming behind it, I have to Dungeon Walk out of its way to dodge mere seconds after its sprint begins.

It clears over 100 meters in the blink of an eye.

Black stone crashes to the ground, leaving a long hole all the way across in the center of the Boss room.

I grit my teeth as it circles back and runs at me again. Keeping my weapon charged, I continuously adjust my aim to never turn my back on this beast.

I air step upwards, trying to gain distance while drinking MP potions to keep all of my abilities fully charged.

The monster jumps up to follow along without a second of hesitation. The 50 meter high ceiling doesn't limit its range in the slightest.

I blip around the battle field, trying to avoid its constant attacks. Burning through MP potions and charging my attack up to 650MP. My Dungeon Walker skill is being pushed top the limits. My blade is glowing hot, fully charged.

I lock eyes on the menace as it tears through the rock below, making our battlefield more and more of a war scene by the second. Deep pits and high piles of rock are being thrown about as I Dungeon Walk across the sky and landscape below.

Using my All-Seeing Eye, I follow the fast moving beasts movements as it follows mine.

It lunges into the air for another strike.

"This is it..."

I let my attack soar.

The 650MP black blade of flames comes rocketing out of my sword, and I Dungeon Walk away to safety. Looking up at the sky from below, I watch eagerly for my attack to finally blow the Boss to pieces.