Chapter 197

With a light click, the door from the mini market to the lounge area in the back of the Association HQ opens up and the sight before my eyes puts a smile on my face.

Sitting all together on one of the circular couches next to the small cafe, I see my 3 teammates drinking coffee and eating small pastries.

I begin to walk over and raise a hand, but I'm interrupted by a blond-haired blue-eyed hunter running towards me with arms outstretched.

"Jay, you made it back! I knew you'd be fine!"

With the smile across my face widening, Maria jumps up in the air to give me a hug.

I catch her and reply in a lower tone as I watch Abby stand up from her seat and begin to turn my way as well. She has a happy looking smirk across her face.

"Good to see you too, it's been a while."

I let out a chuckle, then let Maria down, looking into her deep blue eyes.

They seem much deeper and brighter than when I last saw her. She's grown a lot...

I use Inspect and Appraisal to quickly check her level and skills, not bothering to look at any of her gear.

———————————————

[Lv. 391]

Combat Magic [Advanced Ice Summoning]

——————————————-

The green-haired healer slowly walks toward us. I let out another quiet comment under my breath to Maria before Abby arrives.

"You've... gotten a lot stronger."

Maria nods, still looking right at me.

"You seem like you've grown a lot too."

I look away as Abby's voice fills my ears.

"Hey, long time no see."

As she approaches, I blink a few times, looking back and forth at my teammates. They both look a lot older... more mature. Almost like years have passed.

It's been a while in my mind, but still, it's only been a week in the real world.

Their hair looks longer, muscles look more defined, skin is much smoother, and If I'm not mistaken it looks like both of them even grew a few centimeters in height.

Maria wears a dark-colored outfit with silver jewelry and magic items on her wrists and around her neck.

As Abby approaches, I notice her hair falls down and is much straighter and glossy looking. Her facial features are more mature looking too. The healer speaks up before I can get another word in.

"Like what ya see? I know we've changed a little, but is it really that noticeable? Oh- and good to see you're back here in one piece."

I tighten my lips and nod as Abby comes to stand upright next to Maria.

The green-haired healer is dressed in all black with green and gold magic items lining her wrists and fingers too.

I use Inspect and Appraisal to get a quick look at her level and skills.

———————————————

[Lv. 401]

Combat Magic [Advanced Earth Summoning]

Restore [Legendary Grade]

——————————————-

I nod, meeting her gaze for a moment too.