Chapter 128

The enormous rhino creature charges at me on all fours glowing red from its berserker skill. It's covered in black armor along with shining body-hardening crystals from its second skill.

I grit my teeth and grip my wind-imbued daggers to match its energy, it's time to finally test these blades out. I take a deep breath while focusing my mana deep within the dual daggers.

It's much easier to control mana with my All-Seeing Eye active, plus all the practice I've gotten from charging up my fire-imbued sword helps a lot. The mana mixed with dense wind energy begins to swirl around inside blades as they glow with white light. Just like my long sword, these weapons have an ego of their own as well. They want to fly, their natural instinct is to release the immense winds within them.

The twin blades erupt with energy. I thrust them downwards to the sides of my body, forcing the wind magic to slice into the ground on either side of me. The brutal force of the attack blows dirt and stone in all directions as I fly up into the air. With minor corrections from my own wind summoning, I use this boost of speed to hurdle myself toward the approaching monster.

The beast grunts, raising its massive horn in the air as I fall down at it with blinding speed. Layers of dense wind cover my body, along with both my blades. Focusing straight ahead, aiming my attack directly at the creature before me, I let out a yell and release a dazzling wave of silver light.

A crescent of shimmering wind energy leaves both my daggers to form a single attack. It glistens and shines, making the dense pocket of wind magic look like a shining silver sword flying through the air.

*SHINGGGG*

My laser focus doesn't budge for even a second. With both eyes locked on the charging beast, I watch my new blades' first attack slice the monster in two like a hot wire melting through foam.

I land on the ground with a loud thud cracking the ground in front of the fallen beast.

It didn't stand a chance....

Grinning while twirling my still glowing blades, I admire my work as the two halves of a massive monster settle and its blood soaks into the dry ground. The red glow of its berserker skill dissipates as I watch its mass disappear over the next minute or so.

It drops a heavy mana crystal, but nothing else. I toss it into my item storage and begin wandering deeper into the dungeon.

"Well... That was a disappointment. At least I have a better feel for my new blades now."

Sophie said there were 3 tiers of monsters in this dungeon. The regular mobs, the mutants, and the Titans.

Using enemy detection, I begin to locate and obliterate every stray monster in my path. The rhinos mostly travel alone, but the deeper I venture in, the more likely they are to travel in groups. In just under 2 hours I travel 10km into the dungeon and defeat 14 monsters. So far, all they drop are mana crystals, nothing else.

I continue onward until a much higher level pops up on my enemy detection radar.

[800m]

[Lv. 377]

[Lv. 313]

[Lv. 312]

[Lv. 310]

"Looks like I found my first mutant."

With an eager grin plastered across my face, I start air-stepping in the direction of the 4 newly spotted monsters. I'll finally get some real action.

A few minutes later the groups of creatures come into full view as I climb over a small desolate hill. I see 3 similar monsters to the ones I've been fighting, the lower-level beasts are the first to charge. Immediately, they begin sprinting toward me. A dust cloud forms and the ground shakes, but I match their attack and lunge in to begin our battle.