Chapter 137

In my last training session, lowering the amount of MP per charge increased my progress to a surprising degree. Handling lower amounts of mana is much easier to control and is more realistic in the long run after all. To raise my mana control proficiency, the total amount of consumed mana over time seems to be more of a determining factor than the amount I can muster per attack.

As levels increase, they bring forth improved overall stats in all categories. However, I'm finding that the refinement of mana requires a higher level of control and experience to master. While raw power may grow with leveling up, the true potential of this new power is becoming more clear to me with every passing day.

I wonder if B and A-Class hunters normally practice their mana control. Doing so without a plundering ability would cost a fortune. I'm burning through hundreds of gold worth of MP, even for an Elite hunter, this would be impossible to train consistently... right?

I decide to create the "One Second Rule". Every day I train for 8 hours. I charge up for one full second with as much MP as physically possible, then release it all and rest for 2-4 full minutes.

On day 1, I'm able to charge 2000MP into each blade in just under 1 second. The progression is slow, but the results pay off in the end. It's a brutal process, but I manage to average over 750k MP usage per day by the end of the week.

My rate of control increases quite a bit. In just one second, I'm able to hold 2750MP in each blade. Anything under 1000MP per blade can be charged while I swing, the attacks are deadly projectiles charged almost instantaneously.

At the end of each day, I test my progress with a fully charged attack. I still cap out at around 11000MP in total, but getting there is a lot faster. In just over 20 seconds, I can release this ultimate attack.

After each strike, the tear in the pristine white wall grows, a testament to the progression of my attack. Despite the damage inflicted, the wall heals itself in an instant each time, leaving no trace of my assaults. Its smooth surface remains unscathed, taunting my efforts.

At the end of day 7, the final tear looks wide enough for me to squeeze through if I tried. It's just over 2m high and a little under half a meter across.

I'm getting dangerously low on food and water. My jerky is at 0.5 kg and my water is down to 3 bottles.

Ember has been progressing slowly. I've made a mental note of his progress at the end of each passing day.

Day 1: [Lv. 253]

Day 2: [Lv. 260]

Day 3: [Lv. 269]

Day 4: [Lv. 281]

Day 5: [Lv. 293]

Day 6: [Lv. 306]

Day 7: [Lv. 322]

His levels are going up faster every day. It seems the rate of absorption is slowly rising. I just have to hang on a little longer.

I've gotten to the point where I'm not even hungry anymore. I just wake up, train, go to sleep, then do it again.

My 1-second charge capabilities have risen to 3500MP per blade, and my full power strikes can be charged up to 12500 and released in under 15 seconds. This may seem like a dramatic jump in just 3 days, but there's an interesting explanation as to why.

The crimson glow around Ember has become much stronger. The air, ground, walls, and ceiling around the resting Dragon hum loudly as it continues to absorb MP and level up.

End of Day 8: [Lv. 339]

Anytime I get within a 10m radius of the slumbering beast, my own mana begins to be sucked into the growing red aura.