Stumbling upon an upsetting scene

Coach:

Humans are curious beings, if they see something that's not normal they go and inspect it. So when you both stormed in a house, killed a zombie, and he found a cabinet before a door he had to move it. He tried to open the door but it was locked. You asked him what if someone did it to lock up zombies, but he said it just doesn't feel like that. You argued for him to leave the door and keep moving, but he was so damn curious and he felt something about this. It didn't feel right but at the same time he had to solve it. He glanced to the zombie then approached it before checking its pockets, where he found a key.

He opened the door and what he saw inside had him close the door before you could peak in. You asked him why you can't see so he told you just zombies. It made you chuckle you knew it then claim you are checking out the kitchen and bathroom for supplies then moved. Once you vanished into a room he slowly opened the door again. He stared at the two dead toddlers. Neither of them were zombies. If he had to guess the father locked the children in as he knew he was changing, not wanting to eat his own children. Or maybe locked the kids up to keep them from seeing what has become of the world. No matter what locking them up is what killed them as well. It was such an odd scene, that barely made any sense, and made him feel sick to his stomach, so he closed the door, pushed the cabinet back in front, then moved on.

Rochelle:

She hurried into a house for some food, holding her gun raised, only to freeze. You came in as well, asking why she's frozen. She just shakingly nod to the scene before her so you turned your head. It was an old couple, maybe in their late 80s, sitting together on a couch, holding hands tightly, with two razors in their free hands. Blood ran from their wrists onto their intertwined fingers. Slowly Rochelle lowered her gun, looking as if this is the most traumatizing thing she has seen yet, then she whispered this world really has gone to shit. Slowly you nod then whispered need to check the kitchen. Rochelle wasn't moving so you put a hand on her shoulder and told her to keep watch outside. It took a second but then she nod a few times before hurrying over the room and back outside. She stood guard, though her mind wasn't focusing on anything out here, just on what she had just seen.

It broke her so. They looked so old, and with how they held each other with their heads leaning to each other clearly in love, and then they had to die this tragic bittersweet death. She wasn't good from this scene for a few days and is still able to picture it so clearly in her head even weeks after.

Ellis:

It was one of those rare moments where he doesn't make jokes, because there is no joke to make about zombie children. He's not gonna lie, at first he wanted to, but then the thoughts of how scared these kids must have been, how they turned, what caused them to turn, how their lives were cut so short, where and how their parents are. All of that sank in quick and made him feel ashamed he wanted to joke about it. Some even still held their toys. Joking has become a big coping mechanism, and it just helps lighten the mood, though annoys some, but he will forever feel guilt and shame he dared want to joke about this. He couldn't make any attacks to the children as they dragged their bodies over to you two. It was so tragic to see. All he could do was move his cap down, grab your hand, and hurry away.

Nick:

"Better wedding than I had." was all Nick commented as you two walked through a wedding party. He kept making sarcastic comments, most being to how shitty the wedding was and how bitchy his ex-wife was. As you turned to tell him to quiet down suddenly two zombies came rushing. One wearing a white dress and the other a fine suit. So of course Nick had to comment "They are dead and still work better than my ex-wife and I did" before you both started to shoot them with your guns. Once it was done both moved on. As you moved he did glance back to the wedding with pitiful eyes, as this couple had never even gotten the chance to start their lives together.