When there's only one flashlight between you two

Coach:

He will hold it while holding his gun in the other. He keeps the light aimed forward, both silent as there is too much darkness where things can be lurking. If you need him to light up a corner will just have to tug his shirt on the side he has to turn so he will turn slightly, lightening up the place you need lit up.

Rochelle:

Agreement that the flashlight holder chances every time so one time you, other her. That keeps it fair and both suffer both positions at least once. Also agreement that the person without it always has to keep a hand on the flashlight holder's shoulder so won't get split up and less worries.

Ellis:

He lets you hold it so he has his hands free to smack zombies like crazy with his melee weapons or hold his guns properly. So you are the guide while he is the bodyguard. He will keep promising he'll keep you safe as you two slowly walk through the areas. He's flinching and squeaking a lot though since he suspects everything now.

Nick:

He insists on holding it as it makes him feel as if he has control over the situation and knows best where to aim it. He's more cautious now, thumb always ready to press off the light in case if there is a witch nearby. When you talk he's quick to shush you as he's so damn sure there's things in the dark more than usual and will jump out at any sound.