They learn you had to abandon a mother and child during a tough choice

Coach:

He shook his head as he listened to the story but his eyes held a look of understanding. It sucks, yeah, but... that's life now. Choices have to be made in a single second, sometimes they will turn out to be wrong, other times right. The wrong choice can feel right, but the right choice can feel wrong. There is no more right or wrong now, just survival. So if that is what you had to do to survive, he would have liked a kid to be here but to have his partner now is also good so he will be glad with what he has and not mourn what he never even knew before.

Rochelle:

"You... You just LEFT them? You didn't even try?" It was a long argument as she found it disgusting you just abandoned a kid and mother. She understood but it felt so wrong, so dirty. The reaction was her first one, which she knew she should have internally processed first, not immediately jumped on to react. So once silence fell, she rubbed her face then sighed that you had to do what you thought was best. She had difficulty looking at you after that for a bit but she understood and eventually it was back to normal.

Ellis:

Silence for awkwardly long, not sure what to say, if there is even a right thing to say, so when he finally spoke you just got: "wow.. yeah, euhm, you..." but silence again. He didn't want to give the wrong reaction, so he admitted; "I'm not sure what to say." He assured it wasn't your fault, that you have to keep going strong. When you asked how he thinks they are now he mumbled that maybe best not to think of it. He says but then proceeded to go on about various made up stories of how they could be doing now, ranging from maybe somewhere like you two to made themselves a hut with a farm and fences surrounding it.

Nick:

"Yeah, we have to do fucked up shit now, don't think too much about it". It was cold but the truth. Thinking of it won't do anyone any good. If you need a hug about it he will give it, but he acted mainly cold to this information. It's not that he wanted to act like this, he feels as if he has just grown further and colder from sympathy and normal reactions the longer his life goes.