Chapter 7: The Engagement and Wedding Part 2

POV: Carter Jennings

Once we get to the reception, Christopher comes in holding Kelly with his hands messing with Christophers tie. We started to walk in as the guy announced us.

Ok first we have the Best Man and Maid of Honor Mouch and Maya Carson. said the announcer as they walked in, with Mouch giving my older sister a twill.

Now we have Groomsman Declan Herrmann and Bridesmaid Rose Jennings. said the announcer as Declan carried my wife Rose on his shoulder. I just laughed.

Dont worry Carter, Declan wont go out with Rose. said Christopher

Now we have Groomsman Devan Herrmann and Bridesmaid Kate Copper. said the announcer, as Devan and Kate do a little dance.

Now we have Groomsman Carter Jennings and Bridesmaid Nella Carson. said the announcer, as we did a small dance too.

Now we have Ring Bearers Matthew Herrmann and Kelly Severide-Herrmann and the Flower Girl Tracy Herrmann. said the announcer, but it was only Matthew and Tracy who came out.

So Kelly didnt want to leave his Papa Chris arms so he isnt in here with us. said Tracy

Okay, now we have the newly married couple Mr. and Mrs. Christopher and Cindy Herrmann. As well as the other Ring Bearer Kelly Severide-Herrmann. said the announcer as the three walked in, well Christopher carrying Kelly. Mouch then went to get Kelly and Christopher and Cindy kissed. Mouch put his hand over Kellys eyes again.

Okay now we are going to do speeches. So lets have the Best Man go first. said the announcer, as Mouch gave Kelly to Christopher and walked up to the announcer.

I know My Little Squad Guy, I will be back soon. said Mouch as Kelly cried.

Here is the microphone. said the announcer

Okay for those of you who don't know me, I'm Christopher Herrmanns friend and Kelly Severide-Herrmanns Godfather. My name is Randall McHolland, but I go by Mouch, which means Half Man and Half Couch. I got it because Im always on the couch when we arent saving people from fires or saving in general. Christopher and I became friends once he came to Firehouse 51. Which is about a year before Kelly came into his life. Kelly means everything to Christopher, fun fact he met Kelly on the second saddest day of Kellys life. The first saddest day was when his Mom was killed in front of him and the second one was just two weeks after that which is where there was a big fire. Kelly was there with the Paramedics, because his Dad and his Aunts and Uncles forgot that one of them had him in his arms.

Christopher promised Benny Severdie that he would take Kelly in like his own without even knowing Kelly. All he knew was that Kelly meant a lot to Benny, that he had Asthma and what he sounded like. Christopher didnt want Kelly to say bye to his biological Dad and not over the radio. He got Benny to the Paramedics and everyone knew he wasnt going to make it. So they let Kelly say bye and then he asked Christopher to hold him. The two became close and Christopher had learned Sign Language from Kellys Aunts and Uncles that worked with his Dad. These two have been close ever since Kelly was five and he is eleven now.

A funny story about Kelly is that Christopher always talked about Kelly to me. He would say Sevy this or he did this. I didnt know Kelly was a person until Christopher said he has Allergies, Autism, Asthma Anxiety and that he can get Migraines. Then Im oh he is a child, I met Kelly when Christopher had Kelly for about three months. That is when I first met him.

After Kelly got adopted by Christopher I became his Godfather. Kelly still hadnt met Cindy, and she was okay with that. The fact that she didnt mind it was surprising. Then Kelly meets her a week before his 10th birthday and the day before Christopher asked Cindy to marry him. What most people dont know is that Kelly asked if she would become Step-Mamma Cindy right after Christopher asked Cindy to marry him. They then went on the same walk that Kelly and Cindy went on a week before. That is when Kelly gave Cindy the adoption papers and She became his adopted Mom, before becoming his Step-Mamma Cindy. said Mouch