Chapter 35: Kelly's Shit Day Part 3

Order of Kellys Dogs in the Photo: Lieutenant Hero and Lieutenant Valor Severide-Herrmann. Valerie Cash-Severide-Herrmann

POV: Kelly Benjamin-Christopher Severide-Herrmann

Severide, get up we got a call. yelled Patterson, making me flitch and my head hurt. I got my turnout gear on and got in the rig. I looked at my watch. It was 1:00 in the morning. My stomach and head fucking hurt. Once I looked up Cruz and Capp were looking at me.

What? I asked

Why isnt, Hero coming? asked Cruz

Because Dogs dont belong on Squad Cruz. said Patterson, and I just curled up and cried.

Patterson, Hero has proven more than once that he can help out. So has Valor. said Capp

No dogs and that is final. The next person to bring it up is staying at the rig when we save the person. Got it, no more dogs on Squad and no know talking about dogs. said Patterson, and I feel my stomach get worse. I put my head against the window, thinking about Valor.

Sev-ride, wake up, we are here. said Capp, quietly, I got up and got out.

Severide, get over here. You are going to be going upside down and getting the kid out. said Patterson, I got the harness on and swallowed the barf that was about to come out. I then got ready to go down and get the kid. As I got lowered down I felt my stomach burning. I was fighting back the barf and I got the kid up. Once he was up he looked at me.

Im okay, kid just go get checked out. I said and Capp gave me a water

Thanks Capp. I said and drank the water slowly.

Sir, two of my friends said you have two dogs. I was wondering where they are. said the kid

What is your name? asked Capp

Frank, where are Valor and Hero? said Frank

Well Valor got shot, but from what I heard last he is okay and Hero is at our Firehouse. said Capp, as he did the Frank gave me something and I saw it was two dog tags. They said Guarding Angel Hero Severide and Guarding Angel Valor Severide. When I read Valors I just cried and I felt someone hug me. I just sat there reading Valors new dog tag over and over again as I moved my fingers on it. As Im sitting I feel something soft against my hand and freaked out. The soft thing just kept moving into me and I got scared.

Hey Frank, thank you for the dog tags. Severide loves them. I heard Capp say it but I didnt hear anything after that. I just cried with Valors new dog tag in my hand holding it tight.

Ranger Brave, come back. said a voice

Severide, get on the rig now and what did I say about bring you stupid dog. said Patterson

Kelly, calm down, it is just Brave. He is just trying to calm you down Little Brother. said Mouse

Im fine Mouse, I have to go. I said as I got up with Heros and Valors new dog tags in my hand. Once I got on the rig, I felt something on the other side of Valors new dog tag. Valor Squad 3s Dog and Angel. I then flipped Heros over and it said Hero Squad 3s Dog and Hero. I read them and just cried more, quietly not to let Patterson I was crying.

Once we got back to the Firehouse I just went to the Bunkroom and saw the Hero isnt in here and I freaked out. I then felt a hand on me and I got my knife out fast to the guy.

Sorry Severide, I didnt mean to scare you. Herrmann told me he is taking Hero on a walk. said Ritter, I just pulled him into a hug and cried he just rubbed my back. I then feel us sitting down.

Ritter. I said

Yes Severide? asked Ritter

Do you think Valor is going to make it? Cindy hasn't told me anything about him since he went into surgery and that was hours ago. I said, still hugging Ritter