Chapter 159: Sevasey's Children's Dance Recital Part 1

POV: Kelly Casey-Severide-Remington-Herrmann

I woke up and saw Matt was still sleeping so I woke him up.

Babe, wake up, you have a shift today. I said as I gave him a kiss I then got ready to go to Kyles, Tristans, Baby Chriss, Niftys, Baby Hs, and Ls Dance Recital Dress Rehearsal today.

You're not on shift today right? asked Matt as we got ready and I grabbed my laptop.

Im not, I have Kyles, Tristans, Baby Chris, Niftys Baby Hs, and Ls Dance Recital Dress Rehearsal today. I said as I packed my backpack. Matt then tossed my Inhaler and EpiPen into my backpack before I closed it.

Okay, I will see you when I get off. If you need me just call me. Sev, take one of your dogs. I love you so much Babe. said Matt

I love you too Babe, also Im taking the boys. Hero and Valor have been to all of Kyles Dance Rehearsals and Recitals. I said as I gave him a kiss and I got everything I needed.

Once we were both ready, I took the children to school and took Matt to the Firehouse, because I had to make sure that Boden knew. Once we got there I saw Evan Buckley-Diaz in my chair. Andy saw him because the thing I saw was that he was on the ground.

Dont take our Lieutenant-Captains chair. said Capp as they sat down.

Ev, are you okay? asked Eddie

Im okay, Eddie. Evan said and Engine hugged me. I hugged them back. Matt and I then went to Bodens office so that I could make sure he knew that I wont be here. Once we got there Kylie let us in.

Severide and Casey, what can I do for you guys? asked Boden as Matt closed the door and he took my hand.

I just wanted to make sure you knew that I wont be here this shift. I said

I know, and that is fine. Kelly, you have been through all this last year. I dont mind you taking off any Shift for a while until you feel like you can do your job without having a panic attack even with the smallest thing. said Boden and Matt squeezed my hand.

Thanks Boden, and thanks for not telling Gorsch about the situation. I said

You are welcome and tell me how the Dress Rehearsal goes. I would love to see your children dancing at their Dance Recital. said Boden as I pulled out a small envelope and I gave it to him. He looked confused.

Mrs. Ann, the boss, said I got in without a ticket because of all the work I do backstage. She then gave me some for Firehouses 51 and 52. So you guys can come. Also your families can come too. Those are just your family, I forgot the others at home. Im going to help them set up and then get our children and grandchildren. So that they can help out. That and Kyles, Tristans, Baby Chris, Niftys Baby Hs, and Ls can have their practice. I said

Well have fun Kelly. said Boden and I gave Matt a kiss and a hug before I left.

Once I get to the Auditorium, Mrs. Ann is freaking out so I let Hero go and he goes up to her. I then go yell at the other Backstage people.

Everyone shut up and sit down now. I yelled in my Captain Voice.

Who do you think you are? asked a new person

Agent, good to see you back. We missed you last year. Your Brother did a good job, but you are the best at this. said Cassie as she tapped my shoulder.

Sorry, just had a lot going on. I said

Wait, you're that guy. The one who is Mrs. Anns favorite parent. said the new parent

Yes, now, we are okay going to get the set up. Hero, go get her some water. Also if you make her freak out you get yelled at. I said and everyone got to work.