Chapter 8: The Honeymoon and Coconuts Part 1

POV: Cindy Herrmann

Christopher and I are packing our bags for our trip to Hawaii, while Kelly is sleeping. Christopher is packing Kellys suitcase and his backpack while I get our bags. He puts both of Kellys favorite blankets in our carry-on suitcase with clothes for Kelly. His medicines, Inhale, EpiPen, notebooks, his iPad, pens, stuffed animals, and toys in his backpack.

Once everything was packed we heard a yell and Christopher ran to Kellys room.

Sevy Sev, what happened? asked Christopher

Bad dream, can I sleep with you and Mamma Cindy tonight? asked/cried Kelly

Of course Baby, come on. said Christopher as he picked up a still small Kelly.

Once we got back to our room, Christopher put Kelly under the blankets on his side, before he got in the bed. I know that I may not get any cuddles from my boys but Im okay with that.

Once both of the boys are asleep I go to sleep. Dreaming about our small family. The next morning I wake and dont see my boys. I then walked into the kitchen and saw them asleep on the ground with Hot Chocolate in their mugs. Kelly was on Christopher and Kellys blanket from his Mom on top of them. While the one I made was under them. I took a photo and went to take the mugs to the sink when I saw the mess. I then drink some of the hot chocolate only for it to burn my mouth. I guess Kelly made the hot chocolate, because Christopher made me hot chocolate a couple of times but it never tasted like that.

After I cleaned up the mess on the stove, I woke up my boys.

Christopher and Kelly, we have to leave soon. I said

Morning Honey, hey where did our hot chocolate go? said/asked Christopher

Right here, who made them? I asked

I did. said Christopher as he took the Hot Chocolate

Why is it so spicy? I asked

The way Kelly likes it. said Christopher as Kelly woke up from Christopher moving his hand in his hair. He then drank the hot chocolate so fast and then got up and folded his blankets.

Once Christoher and I got dressed Christoher went to Kellys room.

Hey Sevy, where are your clothes? asked Christopher

I dont know what to wear. said Kelly

Well Sevy Sev, lets start with Underwear, then camo pants, a shirt with a full moon and Wolf. With a Truck 81 hoodie, and your combat boots. said Christopher

Now we good to go. said Kelly

That we are Kell, come on Mamma Cindy is waiting. said Christopher, as they came out and Kelly had the hoodie around his waist. We then get our bags in the car and Christopher puts Kelly in his car seat. Once we are all in the car we go to Declans house because he is driving us to the airport. Once we get there Christopher and Kelly get out and knock on his door.

POV: Kelly Benjamin-Christopher Severide-Herrmann

Once Uncle Dec got us to the airport we got our things and said bye before we walked into the airport. Once we were there we checked our big suitcases and my car seat. We then go through the big scans, we take off our jackets and shoes. Papa Chris goes first, then me when I did the big scan went off and it scared me. The guy came up to me and asked what I had in my pockets. I got scared and just hung onto Papa Chris and he rubbed my back.

Kid, what do you have in your pockets? asked the guy

I know it was loud, Baby. Just follow my breathing. Just like that. said Papa Chris