Chapter 186: Why Those and That Name

POV: Matt Casey-Severide-Remington-Herrmann

Once we get to the Firehouse, Gabby, Brett, and Mills kept asking about why and how Kelly is a Detective, but went into the Fire Academy. While everyone but our family, Squad and Carver are asking about the Tattoo that matches Danny. Once we got to the coffee Gabby came up to us.

How long have you been a cop? asked Gabby

About 33 years, I started with my Best friend Danny, but I always wanted to be a Firefighter. said Kelly as he got his coffee and sat down by me.

Can we see the tattoo? asked Gallo

NO, I have a shit ton of paperwork to do. said Kelly as he got up and went to our office.

What can you tell us, Casey about the Tattoos? asked Ritter

No, I have to go do paperwork. Herrmann can you make sure to tell Severide the Day you need off. He is doing Engine and Squad. I said as I walked and saw Kelly asleep in his chair, with his shirt coming up. As he was leaning over the desk.

Captains, Boden wants us in the conference room. said Gabby as Kelly woke up and we left our office. Once we got to the conference room Kelly was leaning on me and falling asleep.

As you know, King went back to his hometown, Johnson went back Overseas. So we have an opening on Truck, well I got Mills to join Truck 81. said Boden and Kelly took my hand.

Kell, are you okay? I asked in his ear

Voight asked for my help last night in case I didnt go to bed until 0400. said Kelly in my ear.

Go get some rest, Evan or Andy can take over Squad. I said as Drew gave Kelly some coffee.

Drew, I love your Dad. said Kelly as he drank the coffee.

I know. said Drew as we left the room and Mills came up to us.

So Severide, why did the Intelligence Unit keep calling you Herrmann-Reagan? asked Mills

Commissioner Reagan of NYPD, calls me one of his sons and Im Herrmanns son so he commanded them together to make my last name. said Kelly as we sat down.

Oh, what about the tattoo? asked Mills

All you need to know is that it was a bet, my best friend lost, and his looked cool. So I got mine and it reminds us of each other. said Kelly as he got up from the chair and went to the couch.

Bubby, are you ever going to show them? asked Mouch

Once they find out. said Kelly

Come on Severide, just tell us. said Brett

Mine is about Danny and his is about me. said Kelly as he fell asleep on the couch with his head in Mouchs lap and he was moving his fingers in Kellys hair.

So what is the tattoo? asked Norwood

I have to say it is a cool one. said Carver

Truck 81, Squad 3 and Engine 51, car fire Paramedics are already there. said the alarm once we got to the call it was bad. Kelly and I got to work and started to tell our people where to go.

Engine get the fire out, Squad we are going to get the people out. said Kelly

Ambo, get ready for a lot of people. Truck help Squad lets go. I yelled as we got to work.

Severide, call out Darden cant find you. said Evan

Im good, just have to get the baby out. said Kelly as we heard crying on his radio.

Sev, dont adopt the baby. We have enough children and some of them have been making you annoyed. Which is annoying because you talk in your sleep. I said

I know that, I blame my Dads for that. said Kelly

I dont talk in my sleep. said Christopher

You do, but only when you are with Sevy and Dary. said Mouch as some cars fall off the bridge. As they do Squad and Engine were yelling

Severide. yelled Squad and Engine as Truck and I went over to them.

Dont yell guys Im good. said Kelly as he got up and he didnt have his jacket on.

Hey Captain, where is your jacket? asked Mills

Christie has it and you dont want to know. Im never getting that out of my eyes. said Kelly

Its not that bad Kell. said Jim

It is worse than walking in on my parents. said Kelly as he went help more people out.

I walked in on you and Matt and I didnt do that. said Christie as she hugged me.

I cant unsee that. Squad and Engine are all good. I have to go back to the Firehouse and bleach my eyes out. said Kelly as Squad and Engine got their things packed up and went back to the Firehouse. Once Ambo and Truck got the last of our things we went back to 51.

POV: Kaufman

Once Squad and Engine got back Severide took off his shirt and he started to burn it. That is when I saw the new Tattoo, all of the Squad knew about it so I called Engine over.

Wow, now we get what you mean. Yours is about him and his is about you. said Engine

Yep, dont tell the others, Papa can I have a shirt. said Severide and Herrmann gave him a shirt. Severide put it on right as Truck came back.

That is a cool one Sevytien. said Engine and me

Thanks. said Severide as he went to sit with the rest of the Squad and Herrmann put the fire out. He then came over to the Squad table.

Severide, we have talked about this. said Herrmann

I know, but there was no I was ever going to wear that shirt again. said Severide

Hey Sevytien, why did you get that Tattoo? asked Ritter

Even miles apart it makes Danny and I feel closer. Plus we got Matt and Linda drunk on an accident, when they came up with my hair and his tattoo. said Severide

Im never playing with you guys again. said Casey

How are my Siblings-In-Laws? asked Severide

I dont know, Christie made you bleach your eyes Babe, I didnt want to know. said Casey

Little Squad Guy, it cant be as said Mouch but Severide talked over him.

Way worse, Uncle Dev stopped once he heard me yell. Aunt Kylie didnt know but James did. said Severide as Cruz was passing out cards.

That is true, Kell Sevy is my Angel to my Baby Lion. I would never do that to him. said Devan

Hey Uncle Dev, did you get my jacket? said/asked Severide as Devan gave him the jacket.

Took a bit to get from Kitten, but once I said I was going to see Kell Sevy she gave it to me and put her hands up to me so Kitten came with me. said Devan as Scarlett Herrmann was walking over to Severide all by herself. Herrmann was taking a video of it.

Hey Kitten Cat, you are walking now. said Severide as he picked her up

Of course its the one time Other Chris is Out of town. said Devan

I have it on Video Lion. said Herrmann

Good he would kill me. said Devan as Gallo came up to Severide

Kelly Shirt and Gallo. I said as Severide pulled his shirt back down.

Thanks Kaufman. said Severide as he put Scarlett down.