Chapter 56: Three Rings, Dog Tags, A Photo and two Necklaces

Order of Photos: Kellys Engagement Ring that picked out for him with Tristan, Tristans Ring and Mayas Promise ring. Kellys and Tristans Engagement Rings from Tristan and their Necklaces. The Necklaces: Tristans the Sun, Kellys the Moon and Mayas the Star.

POV: Mayaline Maya Gracelyn Copper

Kelly-Jelly, Matt and Kyle just got back to Chicago. I was in their apartment because I was looking for my phone when I found a ring, my Dads Dog Tags, a photo of my Dad, me and someone else, also two necklaces that match mine.

Once Kelly, Matt and Kyle came in I was on the counter just looking at the things.

Hey Maya-Bean, what do you have there? asked Kelly

My Dad's Dog Tags, a photo of my Dad, me and someone else, also two necklaces that match mine. The longer I look at the photo the guy kissing my Dad looks like you Kelly. I said

Maya, what do you remember when you were four? asked Kelly as he sat by me on the counter, and took one of the necklaces. I then look in Kellys eyes.

I dont remember a lot, just that my Dad died then I went into Foster Care. Also the only thing I have is a copy of his Dog Tags that someone gave me because they couldnt find his. I said

Maya, that photo is of you, Tristan and me. It was a week before he got killed Overseas and one week before I was going to ask him to marry me with this ring. I even had one picked out for you and one for me. Yours I put on Tristans Dog Tags once I found them and Tristans was on my St. Christopher necklace for a while until I met Matt and we made me happy. I then just just put it back in the box and never used the ring, because I wanted you to have it once you found the perfect person. said Kelly and I remembered my past.

Papi, I remember. I said and I hugged Kelly and he hugged me too. I then pulled out my Dads Copy of his Dog Tags, and gave Kelly two rings.

Maya, what are these? asked Kelly and Matt walked over because he was putting their things away. He then saw the rings and turned to Kelly.

Kell, I think Tristan was going to ask you to marry him. said Matt

He was I got this the day I went into Foster Care. There is a note too, Kelly you should read it. I said as I gave him the rings and the note. Kelly then gave me my ring that he got for me.

POV: Kelly Casey-Severide-Herrmann

Once Maya gave me the rings and note from Tristan I grabbed my Crutches and walked to the couch. Matt followed me and I went to sit on the couch. He then sat behind me. I then got the note out and started to read it as I did. I cry., and Matt was holding me in his arms.

My Dear Kelly Benjamin-Christopher Severide-Herrmann,

Hey My Love, we both know that Im not good at words, but my Little Heart and Soul Mayaline is. She is only four but she is a smart girl. Anyways I love you more than words can say and more the actions can do. You are the Moon to my Son and the Moon to my Little Star. You make me so happy when we are together. The one person I know I can trust my Little Star with. I love you with all my Heart and Soul. I was wondering if you will marry me.

Love Your Dear Tristan Angel Cash

P.S Maya wants you to be her Papi.

Hey Babe, are you okay? asked Matt

I think, I just really miss him. I said as I moved so that Im laying on Matt and he just holds me in his arms. He then moved one of his hands through my hair and the other one was holding me close to him. As we were cuddling, there was a knock on our apartment door.

I know, from what you told me Tristan was a good guy. said Matt

He was. I said and someone

Who is it? asked Matt

It is Jim, Christie and Violet. said Christie

Maya, are you still here? I asked

Want me to get the door Papi? asked Maya

Yes. I said and Maya, got the door.

Hello, can I help you? asked Maya

We are looking for Uncle Matt and Uncle Kelly. said Violet

We are on the couch. said Matt and I just moved my face more into Matts neck.

Hey guys, can we work on our dances for Violets Quinceanera. said Jim

Maya, can you go get my computer? It is in my backpack unless Matt, took it out. I said

It is on the desk in our room. said Matt and I just lay back down on Matt with my head in his neck and I could feel tears coming down my face.

Daddy Case, up please. said Kyle, Matt picked him up and Maya gave me my computer.

You read the note didnt you? asked Maya

Yes, Little Star. Jim, no one here but me knows your part of your dance so can you just watch the video? I said and connected my computer to our TV and let it play for him.

Sure. said Jim as he got up so he could see the TV.

Uncle Kelly, why do you look sad? asked Violet

He just read a note from my Dad. said Maya as Baby Kevin came up to me.

Grandpapi. said Baby Kevin as he jumped on me and Maya.

Hey Little Angel Star. I said as I kissed his head

What did the note say? asked Violet

Hey Vi, why dont we practice our dance? asked Matt, and I just held on tighter.

I dont think Uncle Kelly wants that. He keeps playing with two other rings. said Violet

Babe, are you okay? asked Matt

Dont leave me Matty. I said as I moved on him.

Okay Babe, I wont leave you. said Matt as he kissed my ear and I just laughed.

Thanks Babe, I needed that. I said and Matt just kept kissing me until I pulled away.

Welcome and I win. said Matt

For now my Honeybun, but I will get you back. I said and Matt went red.

Kelly, please dont do that in front of my daughter. said Christie

Me, Matt started it. I said and I gave Maya the rings that I picked out knowing that she wont let me give her the ones that Tristan picked out for us.

Uncle Kelly, why do you have two other rings? asked Violet

They were someone that I loved a long time ago when we were 17 up until we were 20. He died and we both were going to ask each other to marry the other and we didnt know. His four-year-old daughter didnt even know. I said

I just found out today. said Maya and she hugged me

Is that where the other three rings on Maya came from? asked Violet

No Papi Jellybean gave me those, they were for him and my Dad. The one on my finger is a promise ring to me that he would always be there for me. said Maya

That is cute, can Uncle Matt and I do our dance now? asked Violet and I disconnected my computer from the TV and gave some headphones. I then played Matt and Violets song Wind Beneath My Wings, as it was playing Kyle and I cuddled up together and fell asleep.