Chapter 202: A lot of Physical Therapy Part 2

POV: Christopher Herrmann

Im just getting back to the firehouse when I saw Kelly running with Popcorn.

Come on Ballatoniany, my Grandpa can run faster than you. Hell, even my Great-grandpa. said Kelly as they ran into the firehouse.

Naval Aviator, Navy Medic and a Firefighter. Where in all that does it say cross-country? said/asked Popcorn and Kelly started to laugh.

Naval Aviator, Navy Medic and a Firefighter. Also I did my research on you. Mr. Ran, I ran up a hill in Turnout Gear and a medic bag to get to my Captain under 10 minutes. said Kelly

Yes, that was when I was younger, I havent run that much in years. How is your breathing not going crazy? said/asked Popcorn as they went into the common room.

Years of practice, you have to be fast when you want to out run four crazy siblings that want nothing to do with your parents and want their big brother. It got worse when KJ was born. said Kelly as he got a bottle of water and sat down on the couch.

Kelly, you are one of the fastest in this Firehouse. I said

I know, and yet Im not a favorite. said Kelly

You are my favorite Captain. I said

I know, also technically the way Casey and I have it set up is that I get all of Squads and Engines all personnel related issues. Scheduling, furlough, individual requests from all 3 shifts. While Matt does Truck and Ambos all personnel related issues. Scheduling, furlough, individual requests from all 3 shifts. said Kelly as I sat down by him on the couch.

Wait, is that why people keep giving me papers? asked the New Squad Leader

Yep, Popcorn ready for round 2? asked Kelly as Popcorn just fell on the couch.

No, we are going to rest for a bit. said Popcorn

Lieutenant, can we do runs, Darden and Buckley are getting bored again? asked Cruz

How do those 2 have that much energy? asked the Squad Lieutenant

Hey Popcorn, can I go run with Buckley and Andy? asked Kelly

Whatever, just make sure your heartbeat doesnt get too low or high again. Also have someone keep an eye on it. said Popcorn as he gave Kelly his phone and Kelly tossed it to Capp. Capp, Cruz, the Lieutenant and me went after Kelly.

Want to race? asked Kelly

Are Christopher and Herrmann a part of my name?-signed Andy as him and Kelly high-fived

So around the Firehouse once. said Buckley

5 times and on the last run you have to climb the wall. said Kelly

Commandant Herrmann, if he does something stupid Im not here. said Popcorn

He just passed out. said Mouch as he came over and the boys started to run.

Wow they are fast. said the Lieutenant

How is Severide doing? I asked

So far good, not changing at all. said Capp

That is good. I said as I moved closer so I could see the Medical info.

Severide, be careful. I said as I saw him climb the wall.

So how fast were we? asked Kelly as he jumped down.

Severide, you just beat your old highest, while having your heart fucked up. said Capp

Its not the first time. When Andy and I were in High School, we were on the soccer team and I got the ball kicked into my heart and it stopped for two minutes. Mama Cindy was there because Papa Chris was on shift and then he had to go on a mission. I scared her so badly when I went for a run, because I got bored so Andy came with me and he kept an eye on my heartbeat. said Kelly as I remember Cindy calling me after he did that.