Chapter 175: Where is Kelly and Baby Kelly Part 1

POV: Christopher Herrmann

Kelly, my second oldest adopted son, has been on a mission for the Navy for the past 3-months. I miss him a lot, my whole family does, because last year I lost contact with the whole team and I dont know if they are safe. I cant even get in contact with their CO. Im on my way to the Firehouse when I see a small baby and I pull over to get him out of the cold.

Hey Bud, do you know where your parents are? I asked as I saw a note. I picked up both the baby boy and the note and I walked back to my car. Once I got there. I put the baby in one of the baby car seats from when Cindy and I had our three youngest Great-Grandchildren. I put one of the blankets on him and gave him one of the Pacifiers.

Dear Person who finds my Baby Boy,

Im only 16 and my parents kicked me out when they found out I was pregnant. I always wanted to be a mom, but not this young. His name is Kelly Benjamin-Gavin, he is just 3 months old and was born on June 23. I tried my best to take care of my Little Angel, but it is hard.

Please take good care of my Little Angel. He has Asthma, Autism and Seizure I think. I still have custody of him, if you want him, you can find me at one of my teachers places. Just email Principal Bryson Katz, from Chicago High School.

With all my Love,

Ayna Amana

Once I read the note I went to Chicago Med and called Boden.

Hey Herrmann, what is wrong? asked Boden

Im not going to be coming to the Firehouse today. I know I have a Shift but something came up. I said as I went back on the road. I look in the back and Baby Kelly is sleeping.

Is it about Severide? asked Boden and I didnt know what to say so I just said yes.

It is and please dont tell anyone, Im not sure that it is him. I said

Okay, I will let them know that you had something come up. said Boden and he hung up.

Once I got to Med I got Baby Kelly out and took him into the Hospital.

Hey Maggie, I found a 3-month-old on the side of the road. I was wondering if we could get him checked out. I said as Maggie took me to a room and Baby Kelly started to have a Seizure.

Halstead and Manning, get in here now. said Maggie as I laid him on the bed

I know Bud, I got you. I said as they gave him some medicine to stop the Seizure.

Lieutenant Herrmann, where did you find him? asked Manning

On the side of the street on the way to 51. I said as I picked him up again and he curled into my jacket. Will then gave me a look and I put him in the Baby bed and sat down in the chair by him. Once he saw me he calmed down, I looked into his eyes and he looked so much like my Kelly. I then got out my phone and looked up Ayna Amana.

Herrmann, the Baby Boy Asthma, Autism and Seizure. said Will as he tapped my shoulder.

I know, and can you not tell the others yet. I said

Sure, we are going to take him to the NICU. you should contact the parents. said Will

Im going to. I said as we walked up to the NICU. Once we got there I sat back down and got my computer out of my backpack and found Ayna Amanas school. I then emailed her Principal.

Dear Principal Bryson Katz,

Im Lieutenant Christopher Herrmann, and I was wondering about one of your students, Ayna Amana. I want to know if I could talk to her, it can be over email, phone call or in person it is up to you, her and the teacher she is staying at. I found her Baby Boy and was wondering if she will give me Custody of him. I promise to take good care of him. I have two sons that I adopted and five biological children, so he would never be alone. You can email me back when you talk to her and the teacher she is staying with.