Oscars - Florence (fluffy, cute)

"Good morning." I great happily the whole Pugh family that is already scattered around the living room and kitchen. Billie immediately jumps on me wagging her tail excitedly I pet her while I am met with bunch of 'mornings', but the voice I wanted to hear doesn't says anything. I look at my girl. She is standing in the kitchen with her back towards.

I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her waist holding her gently. She relaxes in my embrace and her head rests on my shoulder. "Hi" she mumbles with a cheeky smile. "Hello. Is there a particular reason you didn't said good morning to me honey?" I tease with a flirty smile as I snake my hands under her 'mine' t-shirt. She lets out a gasp as my cold hands rest on her warm stomach. She drops the spatula on the pan and grabs my hands.

"I just wanted for you to come closer. So I can give you a good morning kiss." She responds and leans in. Our lips meet in a sweet and gentle kiss. The way she is smiling into it makes me melt. We break the kiss couple seconds later. "Good morning my love." She says after that. and Flo grabs the spatula again to cook.

"What are you making?" I ask her and observe all the ingredients on the counter. "I am doing english breakfast without the mushrooms and beans because you hate those." She chuckles. "Mhm you want help with anything?" I ask her tracing random shapes on her belly.

"We've run out of milk, orange juice and some vegetables. After the breakfast could you go to the store please?" She asks me. "Of course I can." I kiss her temple and go upstairs to change into some presentable clothes not just t-shirt and sweatpants.

When I return to the living room I hear an interesting conversation.

"Admit it Raffie you're only excited because Pedro Pascal will be there." Toby accuses his younger sister. "I'm not!" Raffie defends herself but it's clearly for nothing. The whole family tease her and then she sees me. I sit down next to Flo and see already served plate. "Thank you honey." I kiss Florence's cheek and ear my breakfast. As we eat Raffie is being bullied by her brother and to be honest it's so funny to see her so red from embarrassment.

"Y/n say something. Tell them I am not excited to be there because of Pedro Pascal." She pleads while everyone is laughing. I try not to because she really cannot lie. Me and Raffie have this special bond. When I started dating Flo four years ago and finally met her whole family. Raffie immediately became my good friend. "I don't know you've never told me about liking Pedro Pascal." Lie. "Thank you." Raffie exhales loudly. "See Y/n doesn't think so."

"Raffie you're not getting out of this." Arabella says. I just chuckle because the Pugh family banter is always so funny. Fifteen minutes later we finish our breakfast and I grab my wallet and keys. I go to say bye to Flo. "I am going. I'll be back in one hour." I say. "Okay baby. Be careful." She says worried and pecks my lips. Being a famous director living in LA while the Oscars are taking place is suicide. "I'll be okay don't worry."

I go to put on my shoes and I hear Raffie call out. "Where are you going?" "Just have to by some groceries I'll be right back." I call out. Raffie sprints to the hallway. "Can I come with don't leave me here please." She pleads and I chuckle. She really hates being teased. "I'll wait in the car." I say and unlock the door.

I wait in my car for couple of minutes and then Raffie finally joins me. "Thank you so much they're teasing me about it for so long now." She groans as I drive on the road. "But it's true though." I say and laugh. "Yeah but they don't need to know that."

While I drive to the store which is 20 minutes by car. We make some small talk. "Are you excited for tonight?" She asks me. "Well I am a little bit anxious. I am nominated in the best director category with Stephen Spielberg and them my movie is nominated in a category with Tár it's hard to not be anxious. I am really excited too because all of us worked so hard on that movie." I say honestly.