Chapter 1

Qingshan Province was the province with the largest forest coverage area in China. Because it was located in the borders of China, the mountains and jungles were predominant, the natural environment was complicated, and the roads were impassable. Coupled with the tremendous area it occupied, Qingshan Province was also the province with the largest gap between the rich and the poor in China.

In the depths of the majestic mountains, there were poor and backward villages. Inside, were many older people who have never left the mountains in their entire lives, because it was just too difficult to go out due to the rugged mountain road.

Joohyun was the typical child of the mountains, her childhood dream was to be educated just like the village chief, studying properly, each day moving a step forward, then become admitted to a good university, finally getting out of the mountain. Although the old man who adopted her always told her that she could leave the mountain when the time comes even if she didn't study hard, however, Joohyun believed that these were lies made by the 'paranormal fraud' old man to entice her to give up her study sessions, and to instead learn how to catch ghosts with him.

That's right, Joohyun was an orphan. According to the old man who adopted her, Joohyun was picked up by him at the foot of the mountain fifteen years ago by chance. When he found her, Joohyun already lost two out of 3 of her souls, she almost breathed her last breath, and it was due to him performing the ritual in time to call her souls back that Joohyun was able to live healthily until now.

[T/N: In daoism, there are three hun and seven po, in this case, Joohyun lost two of her hun, which was the 'soul' / 'energy'. The three types of hun are: neutral, yin, yang]

Towards this, Joohyun blindly believed him before she reached seven years old, and after seven, she had no other way but to believe it even more. After all, when she opened her yin-yang eyes, she can see ghosts and spirits, furthermore, the old man believed in feudalistic superstition that was really unrealistic.

In any case, Joohyun, who had always been determined that studying was the only way out of the village, finally received the university admission notice. At that moment, the excited Joohyun promised to the village chief: "Village chief, it is Damu Village who brought me up, wait until I have good business later and make some money, I will definitely contribute to my hometown's road construction project."

The village chief's eyes brimming with excited tears, holding Joohyun's hands with an almost sobbing voice as he said, "Good child, remember your home even if you're out there ah."

"What's the use of studying books? If you study my skills properly and get yourself out there for a few years, you alone will be able to pay for the whole road construction." 'Paranormal fraud' old man knocked on the dry cigarette and humphed on the side.

"If you're so powerful, then why haven't I seen you repair the road in these years?" Every time 'Paranormal fraud' old man bragged how his ability to catch ghosts can make big money, Joohyun will criticize him about it.

After all, if you only charge one hundred yuan every time you catch a ghost, how many years would it be before he can get rich? Even she had to get a poverty certificate to get a study loan for her tuition ah.

Joohyun borrowed the only motorcycle in the village from village chief, huffing and puffing to get the certificate. When she returned home, she suddenly found that her courtyard was full of people.

"Guests?" Joohyun walked into the courtyard with a smile, thinking that these rich people came because of his old man's reputation and wanted to exorcise some spirits.

"Are you Joohyun?" a cold young man stared at Joohyun with a pair of scrutinizing eyes.

Joohyun felt somewhat uncomfortable when he looked at her like that, so she stared back at him: "It's me, what's wrong?"