Chapter 95

The Lu Residence.

After hearing his son's words, Lu Jinjiang shook his head without thinking and denied, "Impossible. The Soul Calming Spell has long been lost."

"Dad, but Irin said she can use the Soul Calming Spell," Lu Ning tried to convince his father.

"So many respected masters in the Metaphysics world know nothing about the Soul Calming Spell. How can a girl about your age possibly know it?" Lu Jinjiang questioned him.

"Then at least give it a try." Lu Ning said, "You can also see Mom's condition. The Mount Tai stone is both a soul-calming and a sealing object for her. Every once in a while, Mom will fall into a coma, and every time she is unconscious, she suffers. Mom just never complained about it."

"..." Reminded of his wife's condition, Lu Jinjiang was also full of worry and helplessness.

"And Dad, how long can the Mount Tai stones last for mom?" Lu Ning asked, believing that his father knew better than he did about the side effects of stone on his mother.

"I'm trying to figure things out," Lu Jinjiang said.

"We've thought of all the means we can think of, yet there's only the Soul Calming Spell left. Why can't you agree to try it?" Lu Ning wondered.

"Is this something that you can try casually?" Lu Jinjiang frowned at his son and reprimanded, "The Soul Calming Spell works on the soul. If the doesn't work out well, the damage to the soul is irreversible."

"..." Lu Ning was rendered speechless. Of course, he was also worried about his mother, but thinking of Joohyun's clear eyes and confidence, he insisted, "I believe in Irin. If she said she could use the Soul Calming Spell, it must be true."

"Which sect does she come from?" Hearing his son's insistence, Lu Jinjiang curiously asked.

"She..." Lu Ning froze for a moment before reacting. He seemed to have never asked: "She seems to have learned the spell from her grandfather."

"Who is her grandfather?" Lu Jinjiang asked again.

"I don't know," Lu Ning shook his head.

Lu Jinjiang's expression instantly turned into disappointment. He stood up and said, "Don't mention this matter again. I'll think of another way. Go stay with your mother."

After saying that, Lu Jinjiang turned around and left the study.

Seeing his father's disapproval, Lu Ning was immediately anxious. For some reason, he had an inexplicable trust in Joohyun. Moreover, if Joohyun really knew the Soul Calming Spell, this might be his mother's only hope. He didn't want to give up easily, but he didn't know how to convince his father.

"Brother Lu Ning, Auntie asked me to call you and Uncle Lu to go to dinner together," Yan Xin informed and also looked in the direction of the study. He asked, "Is Uncle Lu inside?"

Lu Ning shook his head.

"Then go to the dining room first, Brother Lu Ning. I'll go look for Uncle Lu again." After Yan Xin finished speaking, she turned around to go look elsewhere.

"Wait a moment." Lu Ning had a flash of insight and remembered something in a trance. "Xin'er, did you say that Grandpa Yan knew Irin's grandfather?"

Yan Xin was pleased that Lu Ning inquired about Joohyun with her, but she immediately pouted unhappily.

"Xin'er, isn't it?" The more Lu Ning thought about it, the more excited he became. He remembered that when he was in Pingcheng, he seemed to have heard Xin'er mention it once.