Chapter 122 [END]

At the end of the second year of college and the beginning of the summer vacation of the third year, Joohyun finally turned 20.

The legal age for marriage that Joohyun anxiously waited for was considered satisfied, so she dragged Lisa to get their certificate that day.

Upon hearing the news, the Chen family grew frantic that day and hurried home.

"Why didn't you tell the family about getting your certificate?" Mayor Chen was anxious.

"I told you before, didn't I?" Seeing that Mayor Chen was anxious, Joohyun felt a little puzzled.

"When?" Mayor Chen asked and turned to look at his wife and eldest son. Could it be that he was in a hurry to go out this morning and missed hearing it.

Mother Chen and Brother Chen also shook their heads blankly.

"More than a year ago, ah," Joohyun expounded, "When Third Brother first came to our house, didn't I say it? We'll get married when I reach the age."

"You..." Mayor Chen clutched his chest, feeling that his heart was bleeding. I haven't pampered my beloved daughter enough, but she just rolled into someone else's hand so spontaneously and on her own initiative???

Yes, you did say you wanted to marry Lisa, and throughout this year, you mentioned every now and then that you'll do so when you reach the age. But you could have at least let us know, ah.

Also, that Lisa, what did he say at the beginning? Didn't he say that he would definitely ask for our consent before you get married? As a result, you received your certificate without a word.

Yes, although I showed him some appreciation over the past year, he couldn't do this either.

The more Mayor Chen thought about it, the angrier he was. He took out his phone and called Lisa, questioning him, "You didn't tell me about such a big deal. Do you think it's appropriate?"

Lisa, who was reporting his married status to his parents, calmly answered the phone in the joyful and festive atmosphere of the Lou family, "I called you, but you seemed to be in a meeting at the time."

"..." Mayor Chen was rendered speechless, still feeling upset deep inside. "Then couldn't you have waited until you got through to the phone before getting your certificate?"

"Dad..." Lisa began to address him.

Dad, Mayor Chen's heart hurt. You're even quick to change the way you address me. I'm not happy about it either.

"Irin is very happy, and I am also very happy." Lisa glanced at his parents. They seemed happier.

But I'm not happy!!! Mayor Chen was tempted to yell so.

"I will love her more than you do," Lisa assured him.

Bullshit! Where in the world would there be a man who loves her daughter more than him, her father?

Mayor Chen ended the call in dejection. He glanced at his wife and son and sighed helplessly. Of course, he knew that this call was for venting. Besides, nothing could be changed no matter what he said. It was impossible. He knew Lisa's personality all too well. Although he sounded fully satisfied just now, nine out of ten, his daughter must have dragged him to get married.

Mayor Chen guessed right. Joohyun was indeed the first to mention obtaining their certificate.

Lisa did not think of going to the Chen residence to propose marriage in advance. Based on their attitude, it was too obvious that they didn't want to let Joohyun go. He was afraid that if he went to the Chen residence early to propose marriage, he would be scolded for being a beast.