Chapter 85

When Joohyun called Xiang Nan, he was outside the Imperial Capital University snack street. Joohyun immediately went out and took an assistant's car back to the university.

Joohyun walked in from the intersection of snack street and found Xiang Nan almost effortlessly. Among the students who came out to eat snacks all over the street, Xiang Nan, who was dressed up in ancient costume, was particularly eye-catching.

"Xiang Nan." Joohyun quickly ran over.

"Celestial Master Chen." Xiang Nan nodded toward Joohyun as she ran closer.

"I thought you were at the City God's Temple. How come you're here?" Joohyun asked, "Is someone in the school..."

"No, I just came to buy midnight snacks." Xiang Nan shook his head.

"Midnight snacks?" Even though Joohyun had seen a lot in the ghost world, she was still, more or less, shocked. Did the Underworld visit the world of the living to buy snacks now?

"Yeah." Xiang Nan explained with a smile, "I'm on leave tomorrow, and I'll be going back to the Underworld later. Weiwei called me and said she suddenly wanted to eat the hot and sour noodles in front of your school and asked me to bring them back along the way."

"Weiwei?" Joohyun froze for a moment, before remembering that Weiwei was the female lecherous ghost. She could not help but ask, "She isn't really taking the civil service exam, right?"

"She is, but her mock exam results aren't promising." Xiang Nan seemed to have thought of something and unconsciously laughed.

"What about Xiao Kang?" Joohyun nodded and asked.

"Xiao Kang has been reincarnated. He was reincarnated in a very good family, and his life will also be very smooth," Xiang Nan replied.

"That's good."

"It's all thanks to you. If you hadn't asked Xiao Kang's parents to donate 500,000 in his name, the Underworld wouldn't have arranged such a good reincarnation for him because of the light of merit he carried," Xiang Nan added.

Joohyun smiled. Thinking about asking Xiang Nan for help, she didn't dare to take credit this time. Instead, she said, "By the way, don't you want to buy hot and sour noodles? Let me buy it for you to save you from finding someone to possess."

Ghost messengers couldn't appear in the world and also owned no earthly money. Therefore, if ghost messengers wanted to buy things in the world of the living, they must possess a living person, and then use the person's money to buy what they wanted to purchase. The person who was possessed was equivalent to doing the ghost messenger a favor. In his later life, the ghost messenger would compensate him if there was a chance. Otherwise, after the death of this living person, the ghost messenger would take care of him for a moment or two.

Hence, if somebody bought something unconsciously one day and woke up and didn't like it, or had no memory of it at all, then chances were he was possessed by a ghost messenger.

"Then I'll be troubling you, Celestial Master Chen." Xiang Nan knew that Joohyun had something to ask for his help, so he didn't postpone it.

"You're welcome." While walking towards the inside of the snack street, Joohyun asked, "Did Weiwei specify which one to buy? There are several restaurants in the snack street that sell hot and sour noodles."

"Yes." Xiang Nan nodded and said, "Weiwei said Shen Ji's Hot and Sour Noodles is the most authentic."

Joohyun went into Shen Ji and bought a bowl of hot and sour noodles, packed it up and then the two of them went inside the school, looking for a small forest that was deserted. Joohyun grew up to adulthood, but rarely asked for help. Thus, for a moment she hesitated and didn't know how to speak.